Shipping Boxes

Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping Boxes

Originally Posted by ashbash
I have just had my boxes delivered and I went with Freedom shipping as a friend of mine recommended them. They have been excellent and do next day delivery and collection if you ring before 2pm. The first box is £69 and every box thereafter is £30 with every 5th box free. I had 18 boxes delivered but have fitted lots in so will not need them all. I am the same as most of you, only shipping personal items (clothes, shoes, dvd, cds, photos etc) I cannot wait it all seems so real now.
That seems very good. What size are the boxes?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:33 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped some boxes (about 5) plus a few odd/heavy items (including one box that was 1.5 metres long, 1 metre high and 30cm deep with art, a guitar etc).

I used Sevenseasworldwide and they have been excellent.

No problems with odd and heavy items (they had a limit of 35kg per item but the driver said provided he could get it into his van he was fine!)

they quoted me on the SIZE not they weight (as is the case with most surface packages).

they also had one of the cheapest quotes (if not THE cheapest) and their customer service thus far has been excellent - phoning or emailing me regualrly to give me updates on where my packages are!

they also appeared to have a good reputation on this forum!

The ship docked in Sydney yesterday so in a week or so I shoudl have my stuff and I'll let you know if it all arrived in one piece!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:35 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, just to add that they collected my stuff from outside london (Canterbury) for a pretty minimal additional charge of £30. They have courier trucks in the area every day or so and I could even pick what time they were to collect!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:46 am
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of

jo
pss said that they could make up a box but would need size etc
plus remember that mum has 2 boxes that u need to bring over 4 us

lew
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:53 am
Aussie lost in the UK

Oh yeah, thats one thing I forgot to mention - I just used my own boxes, all odd sizes - just gave the measurements when I got the quote!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:08 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

I used sevenseas, got my stuff yesterday.
Had initial problems with them delivering the boxes, which were wet, and unuseable [this was in China though NOT the UK] and they agreed to give me a 20% discount because of delays etc involved with them re-delivering the new boxes. I had 3 boxes, 30kg max weight. They emailed me when I had a tracking number, and emailed me to let me know when they would be arrive in Australia. It took around 6-7 weeks. I got the boxes yesterday, they were pretty battered though, but my stuff was ok. I would use them again in a heart beat.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:58 am
Just Joined

nufc is an unknown quantity at this point

we have just shipped 7 boxes from newcastle to sydney, it cost us 120 quid with camair, plus insurance of about 80 quid. We had to pick boxes up from shipping company at botany bay ourselves. Remember you also have the local company fees of about $220 dollars when they arrive, also if customs want to check the boxes you have to pay that fee as well. Remember to keep a packing list of everything that is in each box, to present to customs, if you do this you should avoid customs fee. 7 teachest size boxes is 1 cubic metre
thanks carl
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

Thanks everyone for all of your responses, they are much appreciated. I was surprised to see how many people have just taken their personal possessions and not shipped their whole house over. Is there anything you REALLY regret not taking with you?

I'm planning to take alot of the baby stuff we bought for our son, knowing we are going to have another eventually, I didn't want to pay out all that again.

Thanks again and keep them coming

Jo
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by lewandkate
jo
pss said that they could make up a box but would need size etc
plus remember that mum has 2 boxes that u need to bring over 4 us

lew
Cheeky bugger! I knew that was coming.....i'll let you know the cost
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bluenico
Hi Depending on your requirements ie - Self Pack or Client Pack, I am sure we can be of help.

Costs will Vary though depending on type of service required. For instance if you want to Pack your own Boxes and ship in a cargo Container it would cost you in the Region of appx £80.00 per cubic metre or per 1000 kgs.

Client Pack would be a totally different costing method though.

Have a look at our Webstie options below.

Thanks, yours was one of the websites I looked at last night, was quite impressed. It was very easy to read and didn't make the whole process sound as daunting as I first thought. Will be in touch for a quote.

Jo
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

This is a list of quotes I had for 50 cubic feet. 12 boxes.

Crown 469
Removal Group 534 (said will beat any quote by at least £50)
Atlantic 585
Migrate Global 478 (self pack)

I'm now getting quotes for a few items of furniture as well.

This is door to door Ludlow to near Brisbane (within 50k)