Shipping bikes

Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:03 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping bikes

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Customs aren't interested in dirt, it's mud they're worried about. My commuters were covered in odious road grime and packed in clear plastic bags. Customs ripped them open, checked frame and tyres, (presumably) saw nothing organic/soily and let them through.

But yes, they are remarkably diligent.

Edit: OK, yes, true, it's AQIS, not customs.

There is no full-sus bike with disc brakes for $100 that isn't utter, utter shite. A rigid bike at the same price point is going to be an order of magnitude lighter and have better components.

Yeah obviously, but the point being if its just for general use it will be fine, I got the impression they were being used for like family days out, no serious, all terrain riding going on.

I admit, I paid about 300 pounds for mine in the UK and loved it, however brought one here for 150 bucks and it is crap in comparision, but it does the job and cost me about 400 dollars less.

Point being is it worth cleaning them, paying to ship etc, when you could have a new one that will do the job needed for a lot less wonga ??