Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers: What other charges?

Shippers: What other charges?

Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

AvronW is on a distinguished road
Default Shippers: What other charges?

We've had a pretty good quote from Crown and it wasn't much different to what we expected. However, they supposedly differentiate themselves by not having other unexpected charges being added on the way...

That said, if you read their fineprint, they clearly state that this does not include AQIS charges and inspection charges. So, what are these and if they're going to happen (I assume inspection will), why do they not at least include that?

What can I expect for this inspection charge and I assume AQIS charges are for any kind of decontamination or treatment that may be required.

-Avron
Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:23 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shippers: What other charges?

another shipper today said the AQIS fee would be around AUS$340 - that is the fee to cover inspection. Don't know why not incl - one though would be currency fluctuations but then they would need to pay local agents in $s, so discounts that idea

If they deem anything needs to be cleaned, then you have the choice between one fee to clean said item or pay another fee for it to be destroyed.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:26 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shippers: What other charges?

Originally Posted by AvronW
We've had a pretty good quote from Crown and it wasn't much different to what we expected. However, they supposedly differentiate themselves by not having other unexpected charges being added on the way...

That said, if you read their fineprint, they clearly state that this does not include AQIS charges and inspection charges. So, what are these and if they're going to happen (I assume inspection will), why do they not at least include that?

What can I expect for this inspection charge and I assume AQIS charges are for any kind of decontamination or treatment that may be required.

-Avron
go to the AQIS web site its all explained, follow what is written there ,and you should get through with minimal cost....................... mm