Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers and Shipping

Shippers and Shipping

Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:41 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shippers and Shipping

Originally Posted by Icarus
yep , got a flyer through door today from a firm in Lincoln who do international .. they been around for years so may get in touch with them
go for it. i'll find out the name of the company which has been recommended over and over again about the insurance, dont take out the companies own policy and write every little thing down. get all quotes and names in writing and find out the names of the blokes doing the packing.
oh and list everything no matter how small with model numbers if you can find them.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Has anyone used www.freedomshipping.com
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:45 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
get all names in writing and find out the names of the blokes doing the packing.
Might have to get my Polish phrase book out ...( Note to me to pack that last )
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Has anyone used www.freedomshipping.com
i havent come across anyones experience of it yet but will keep looking
Might have to get my Polish phrase book out ...( Note to me to pack that last )

dont pack your paperwork and proof of payment as others have done
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:48 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

i havent come across anyones experience of it yet but will keep looking

dont pack your paperwork and proof of payment as others have done
do i look like i'd do that ?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:50 pm

do i look like i'd do that ?
ermmm......
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:55 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

ermmm......
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Sheff_Sparky;6074534]i havent come across anyones experience of it yet but will keep looking

Thanks
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:41 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

go for it. i'll find out the name of the company which has been recommended over and over again about the insurance, dont take out the companies own policy and write every little thing down. get all quotes and names in writing and find out the names of the blokes doing the packing.
oh and list everything no matter how small with model numbers if you can find them.
I think you are thinking of Letton Percival - although I emailed them about insuring my stuff (as I work for Pickfords the insurance for my stuff is a little tricky) and the buggers haven't replied!

How do other people get in touch - I hate calling!?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Crown good
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
I think you are thinking of Letton Percival - although I emailed them about insuring my stuff (as I work for Pickfords the insurance for my stuff is a little tricky) and the buggers haven't replied!

How do other people get in touch - I hate calling!?
I called them and was offered 1.6% of base values for Oz (more for breakables and tools). Make the phone call...I wont tell Kevin!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

jessrabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Shippers and Shipping

Hi,

New to all this and wanted to ask a question re: shipping. We are hoping to travel very light, however there some personal items such as ornaments and collectables we have gathered along the way that we would like to bring to try and ease the homesickness, I am aiming for maybe max 4 tea chest sized boxes, maybe less. What is the best way of shipping these and can anyone give a rough guide as to costs??

Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by jessrabbit
Hi,

New to all this and wanted to ask a question re: shipping. We are hoping to travel very light, however there some personal items such as ornaments and collectables we have gathered along the way that we would like to bring to try and ease the homesickness, I am aiming for maybe max 4 tea chest sized boxes, maybe less. What is the best way of shipping these and can anyone give a rough guide as to costs??

Thanks
try excess bagage.com, they are cheaper than shipping, cheaper then the fee's from the airlines and there have been some good reveiws about them. They are used by quite a lot of people from here.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Steve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jessrabbit
Hi,

Thanks
You might also try PSS or EwePack who offer similar services. Reckon on around 2-300 pounds by sea....
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I have spent the last hour and a half looking through the entire forum about shippers and shipping so i can give you a list of shippers people have used and the number of recommendations they have.

So, here you go:

Allied Pickfords - 7 good experiences

Black Cat - one negative experience

Crown - 8 good experiences

1st move international - one negative experience

PSS - 7 good experences and 1 negative

John Masons - 9 good, 3 bad

Atlantis overseas - 2 good

Bonner - 4 good

Whites- 1 good

Anglo Pacific - 4 good

Brittania, GB Liners and Allfright have only had 1 mention as far as i can see but it has been positive.

these are based on what i have found only. if anyone wishes to add their experience then please do.
You can add 1 more bad experience to Crown from me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.