British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Shippers and Shipping (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/shippers-shipping-522380/)

Sheff_Sparky Mar 17th 2008 1:11 pm

Shippers and Shipping

I have spent the last hour and a half looking through the entire forum about shippers and shipping so i can give you a list of shippers people have used and the number of recommendations they have.

So, here you go:

Allied Pickfords - 7 good experiences

Black Cat - one negative experience

Crown - 8 good experiences

1st move international - one negative experience

PSS - 7 good experences and 1 negative

John Masons - 9 good, 3 bad

Atlantis overseas - 2 good

Bonner - 4 good

Whites- 1 good

Anglo Pacific - 4 good

Brittania, GB Liners and Allfright have only had 1 mention as far as i can see but it has been positive.

these are based on what i have found only. if anyone wishes to add their experience then please do.

Pollyana Mar 17th 2008 1:22 pm

Re: Shippers and Shipping

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 6073874)
I have spent the last hour and a half looking through the entire forum about shippers and shipping so i can give you a list of shippers people have used and the number of recommendations they have.

So, here you go:

Bonner - 4 good

Whites- 1 good

Anglo Pacific - 4 good

Brittania, GB Liners and Allfright have only had 1 mention as far as i can see but it has been positive.

these are based on what i have found only. if anyone wishes to add their experience then please do.

If all you have found on Anglo is "4 good" I must check out the search facility as it doesn't seem to be working properly ;)

Sparky wife Mar 17th 2008 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 6073874)

So, here you go:

Bonner - 4 good

Whites- 1 good

Anglo Pacific - 4 good

That's a really good idea Sheff_Sparky!!! We're booked in with ours...hopefully it will all go smoothly. Will let you know.

Sheff_Sparky Mar 17th 2008 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6073929)
If all you have found on Anglo is "4 good" I must check out the search facility as it doesn't seem to be working properly ;)

yours was included in that - but like i said i've only done the shippers and shipping thread, havent looked at anything else yet as i'm in the middle of doing the OH stat dec for his self employment thingy. I needed something to take me away from the BS quotes and numbers.

hang on i said entire forum - sorry, just felt like it.
have a headache now so i am going for a bit, will carry on later.

Pollyana Mar 17th 2008 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 6074050)
yours was included in that - but like i said i've only done the shippers and shipping thread, havent looked at anything else yet as i'm in the middle of doing the OH stat dec for his self employment thingy. I needed something to take me away from the BS quotes and numbers.

hang on i said entire forum - sorry, just felt like it.
have a headache now so i am going for a bit, will carry on later.

Theres so much in here on shipping you'll need a vat of wine to get through ti :D Lots of us have used shippers that we would never approach again with a bargepole, but others have had good experiences with those same companies.
I really think a lot of it is down to luck and fate....:

Sparky wife Mar 17th 2008 2:00 pm

As I posted on another thread, I didn't realize that the logo DB use is the company name of another removal company!

Thought I was being smart and not giving away the name, hmmmmm I just confused everyone even more!! :o :lol:

Sheff_Sparky Mar 17th 2008 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6074082)
Theres so much in here on shipping you'll need a vat of wine to get through ti :D Lots of us have used shippers that we would never approach again with a bargepole, but others have had good experiences with those same companies.
I really think a lot of it is down to luck and fate....:

which is why i am listing both good and bad.

customs have been mentioned as a culprit to some damage too but I cant possibly comment on that.

Brockies Mar 17th 2008 2:11 pm

Any info on Whites???

Sheff_Sparky Mar 17th 2008 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Brockies (Post 6074137)
Any info on Whites???

not as yet but i am still looking

Sheff_Sparky Mar 17th 2008 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 6074144)
not as yet but i am still looking

whites so far has 6 good and 1 bad.

John Masons - 5 bad and 13 good

Crown - 2 bad and 13 good

PSS - 10 good 1 bad.

anglo pacific - 6 good 3 bad

robinsons 4 good

most complaints i have come across so far have been about Widgeways at the OZ end.

Icarus Mar 17th 2008 3:02 pm

Your doin a fine job , was in touch with Masons four weeks back via their web site .... they was supposed to contact me ........... maybe they will eventually

Sheff_Sparky Mar 17th 2008 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Icarus (Post 6074344)
Your doin a fine job , was in touch with Masons four weeks back via their web site .... they was supposed to contact me ........... maybe they will eventually

thanks - that was one of the more common complaints about them was that the communication on some occations were less than desirable

Icarus Mar 17th 2008 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 6074429)
thanks - that was one of the more common complaints about them was that the communication on some occations were less than desirable

yeah , stuff em i don't deal with ppl like that . :)

Sheff_Sparky Mar 17th 2008 3:34 pm

crown, whites and robinsons have come up good so far

Icarus Mar 17th 2008 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 6074473)
crown, whites and robinsons have come up good so far

yep , got a flyer through door today from a firm in Lincoln who do international .. they been around for years so may get in touch with them