Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers coming (got silly Q's now)

Shippers coming (got silly Q's now)

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Shippers coming (got silly Q's now)

Hi all
Well the day is nearly here that the shippers come on Monday, and just running around like a looney trying to do it all Can i just ask a silly question: can you take batteries if they are out of the appliances (of course) what do people do with these, got quite a few new batteries as well, can I take these, and matches, yes i know there not expensive to buy over in Oz, but we got a few packets of those extra long cooks matches, can these be packed up Anyone taken these items ok.
OH and daughter, oh and Eddy the dog, already in Oz and I'm doing this on my own, , I will be glad when next week is over, I'm dreading it, just dont know what to expect.
Finally: Thanks BE, for all the answers and help you have give me over the last 18 months, I know for certain, we wouldn't have done this without you, its a fantastic site and you are all so helpful and kind. As I wont have my computer for much longer can I just say I hope you all succeed in whatever you dream, persevere and keep going, it will be worth it
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shippers coming (got silly Q's now)

Originally Posted by andreak
Hi all
Well the day is nearly here that the shippers come on Monday, and just running around like a looney trying to do it all Can i just ask a silly question: can you take batteries if they are out of the appliances (of course) what do people do with these, got quite a few new batteries as well, can I take these, and matches, yes i know there not expensive to buy over in Oz, but we got a few packets of those extra long cooks matches, can these be packed up Anyone taken these items ok.
OH and daughter, oh and Eddy the dog, already in Oz and I'm doing this on my own, , I will be glad when next week is over, I'm dreading it, just dont know what to expect.
Finally: Thanks BE, for all the answers and help you have give me over the last 18 months, I know for certain, we wouldn't have done this without you, its a fantastic site and you are all so helpful and kind. As I wont have my computer for much longer can I just say I hope you all succeed in whatever you dream, persevere and keep going, it will be worth it
Battereies are fine, put them in a plastic box or something like that.
Safety matches should be OK, though I'd be doubtful of taking non-safety.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

My packers packed everything in sight, all the odds and ends we all have in our 'junk drawer'..inc batteries, pen knife, lighter fluid. All arrived safely.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Wow thats what i call quick responses, thanks ever so much Polyanna/Nu-Shooz guys, will get a few more plastic boxes.
Onwards and upwards
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you getting boxes? You're shippers do it all (unless you're doing the packing yourself). We left everything in their drawers. The packers came and emptied everything into boxes drawer by drawer. Anything already put in boxes by you is probably unlikely to be covered by the insurance.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Well I was just going to put them into small plastic boxes so they are all together, and not just loose in the packets.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was just going to put them into small plastic boxes so they are all together, and not just loose in the packets.
OK sorry
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

No worries, I just like to be organised, I'm so worried that I haven't done it all properly, just want to make the blokes job as easy as poss, I know I'm paying for them to do it, but just need to sort things so I know what I've got to go and what I dont want to go. Maybe a bit OTT, but hopefully it will make all our lives that bit easier. (I hope) I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:14 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Calm Down and do this

Put everything you want them Not to take in the/a bathroom.

Then remove anything from the bathroom you do want them to take.

Get some post it ot masking tape and mark anything they to big to fit in Bathroom.

Then when they arrive just say leave the bathroom alone and the marked stuff and go out for the day.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zambia
Calm Down and do this

Put everything you want them Not to take in the/a bathroom.

Then remove anything from the bathroom you do want them to take.

Get some post it ot masking tape and mark anything they to big to fit in Bathroom.

Then when they arrive just say leave the bathroom alone and the marked stuff and go out for the day.
That sounds so easy, I'll try but i bet I'll still be running round like a headless chicken come Monday Morning,
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why are you getting boxes? You're shippers do it all (unless you're doing the packing yourself). We left everything in their drawers. The packers came and emptied everything into boxes drawer by drawer. Anything already put in boxes by you is probably unlikely to be covered by the insurance.
Do you know moneypen when we had our packers in i cant tell you the amount we had to do our selves.
We had a well known packer and paid i think two and a half to three thousand and nearly packed most our selves.
They did not bring the covers for mattresses and packing most large items and if i hadn't of busted a gut myself then there was no way we were going to be ready at the end of the day for leaving.
In the end they just put things in the van to take back to the container, because they didnt have time.
And we had them in for two days in a row doing it.
By the time we left for the flight over we were worn out.

Last edited by ausi dream; Oct 23rd 2008 at 7:17 pm. Reason: changing a word
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:17 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
My packers packed everything in sight, all the odds and ends we all have in our 'junk drawer'..inc batteries, pen knife, lighter fluid. All arrived safely.
Lighter fuid is a no, any inflammbles or pressurised containers should not be packed.............mm
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:34 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds so easy, I'll try but i bet I'll still be running round like a headless chicken come Monday Morning,
With my packers it would have been , truly great blokes.

£2800 for 650 Cubic feet to Melbourne , i did nothing but delegate and make them tea