Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Resident return visa....

Resident return visa....

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough
Default Resident return visa....

Hello, Myself and my husband moved to Oz last year, i fell pregnant and we decided to return to the UK to be with family and friends, at the time we felt so far away from everyone.
Anyway we were just wondering how does it all work we have a permenent resident visa for 5 years, if we dont go back within 5 years is that it we cant ever go back again does anyone know what the process is and how hard it is, we also have a little boy now that would need a visa.......

Not sure about going back but you dont know whats round the corner and just thinking what our options are!!! thank you...
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident return visa....

Originally Posted by jonjelly
Hello, Myself and my husband moved to Oz last year, i fell pregnant and we decided to return to the UK to be with family and friends, at the time we felt so far away from everyone.
Anyway we were just wondering how does it all work we have a permenent resident visa for 5 years, if we dont go back within 5 years is that it we cant ever go back again does anyone know what the process is and how hard it is, we also have a little boy now that would need a visa.......

Not sure about going back but you dont know whats round the corner and just thinking what our options are!!! thank you...
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Resident return visa....

I had 13 years back in UK and managed to renew my RRV.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

So Polly - I just checked this out and it appears that Turtletom may still be in with a chance of applying for his resident return visa from the UK....I am just going to email the Dept of Immi and get some real facts from them.

Glad I stumbled onto this thread

thank you
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
So Polly - I just checked this out and it appears that Turtletom may still be in with a chance of applying for his resident return visa from the UK....I am just going to email the Dept of Immi and get some real facts from them.

Glad I stumbled onto this thread

thank you
No probs
If he has any issues with it, put a post in the Immigration forum - JAJ is pretty hot on RRV advice