Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers coming!

Shippers coming!

Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:38 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shippers coming!

Originally Posted by perthhopeful
There was literally not a spare inch..... Didn't think it was all going to fit but it did!
We fly tomorrow
We are using DB and they've said its going to be a tight squeeze in a 20ft. Relieved to hear that you managed to squeeze it in! Have a good trip over!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:34 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Indeedo! Already sitting outside with laptop and

Wifey upstairs vacuuming.

I'm so spoilt!
Enjoy! And get Wifey to relax a bit too

Drop me a line if you need any help during your remaining days here.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Seacaptain
We are using DB and they've said its going to be a tight squeeze in a 20ft. Relieved to hear that you managed to squeeze it in! Have a good trip over!
We used DB & they well over estimated. We were told we had approximately 460 cubic foot of stuff, so we put some bits to one side that we weren't quite so bothered about to get it down to 400. The whole lot went in plus more & the final cubic footage was 280 (or maybe 260, so much has gone on over the last couple of months my brain is struggling). For example on the over estimating the guy measure our table at 80cf, we were dismantling it so he estimated 50cf although he said it was more like 30cf.

By the way what is the abbreviation for cubic feet

Alison x
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:20 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al150n
We used DB & they well over estimated. We were told we had approximately 460 cubic foot of stuff, so we put some bits to one side that we weren't quite so bothered about to get it down to 400. The whole lot went in plus more & the final cubic footage was 280 (or maybe 260, so much has gone on over the last couple of months my brain is struggling). For example on the over estimating the guy measure our table at 80cf, we were dismantling it so he estimated 50cf although he said it was more like 30cf.

By the way what is the abbreviation for cubic feet

Alison x
ft³, I think
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulry
ft³, I think
Or cu ft
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Or cu ft
That looks more like it
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

That looks more like it
Cheers I asked my Dad & he said something about it being c with a little 3 next to it but not sure how to do that with a keyboard

Alison x
Old Aug 27th 2010, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All Gone!!!

Enjoy! And get Wifey to relax a bit too

Drop me a line if you need any help during your remaining days here.
Thanks Paulry. She's very relaxed now. So am I.

Stuff Gone!

Last edited by Alfresco; Aug 27th 2010 at 4:20 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 4:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by al150n
Cheers I asked my Dad & he said something about it being c with a little 3 next to it but not sure how to do that with a keyboard

Alison x
With the help of the Alt key
Old Aug 27th 2010, 4:32 pm
Banned

Stuff Gone!
You lucky lucky sod! I feel so jealous!

Excellent pics. I can't wait to show C and the boys
Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

You lucky lucky sod! I feel so jealous!

Excellent pics. I can't wait to show C and the boys

Updated my blog too! How good is that.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

With the help of the Alt key
c# Erm I've got a macbook

Alison x
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

YES and they also go flying if you don't hold them tight enough!!! Great fun.

Our shippers arrive today (John Mason).

How exciting!!! Hope all goes well for you guys
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:10 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Stuff Gone!
Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing that. How much of your stuff did you take with you? Just for an idea of what would fit in a 20' container.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JAK
Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing that. How much of your stuff did you take with you? Just for an idea of what would fit in a 20' container.
3/4 bed semi-detached house.

Took all of our house stuff plus loads from the loft and sheds.

It was touch and go!

We started clearing out unused stuff months ago though. I would say a 3 bed semi would be about par.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.