Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers coming!

Shippers coming!

Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

perthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really nice
Default Shippers coming!

Hi all

Well as the title says the shippers are coming tomorrow
Sometimes it seems like ages ago that we started this whole process and at others it seems like yesterday!
I am knackered from cleaning and sorting over the past few days ( leave things until the last minute....me?..... Never!)

We fly next week to start a new chapter in our lives and I feel nervous, excited, scared, happy, sad, and any other emotion you can think of.

Wish us luck and best of luck to everyone else
Xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:25 pm
Banned

Flakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shippers coming!

Good luck!! Who is doing your shipping and what size container do you have?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

blandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Good Luck! We have had the estimators in last week and its between PSS and Robinsons. We are leaving in 6 weeks and the OH flys next Wednesday so all the cleaning and sorting you mentioned will be down to me! Who did you go with?
Wishing you all the best,
Emma
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:17 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by perthhopeful
Hi all

Sometimes it seems like ages ago that we started this whole process and at others it seems like yesterday!
I am knackered from cleaning and sorting over the past few days ( leave things until the last minute....me?..... Never!)

We fly next week to start a new chapter in our lives and I feel nervous, excited, scared, happy, sad, and any other emotion you can think of.

Xxxxxxxxxxx
Good luck with the move and your new life in Australia
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with everything, hope it goes smoothly for you!

Our shippers were in 6 weeks ago & our stuff is still waiting for a full container before it can be shipped & we fly in 2 weeks

Alison x
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Good luck - our shippers are coming in just over a week - and we are getting a 40 foot container! Just had too much stuff for a 20 foot one.

I have left everything to the last minute too so will be really busy over the next week I suppose.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

perthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really nice

Thanks guys

We have a 20 foot container coming and used Doree Bonner.
I don't know how/if all of our stuff will go in oh well will find out tomorrow!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys

We have a 20 foot container coming and used Doree Bonner.
I don't know how/if all of our stuff will go in oh well will find out tomorrow!
Did your stuff fit? Doree quoted us for 460 cubic feet. We were on a limit of 400 because of cost so scaled down a little bit (or rather we put some stuff to one side in case it didn't fit) & when they loaded it was actually only 280 cubic feet. The guy that came out did say he tended to over estimate a bit!

Alison x
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

There was literally not a spare inch..... Didn't think it was all going to fit but it did!
We fly tomorrow
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice

our stuff starts to next wed, 1st Sept. We used Pickfords, hope everything goes in2 the 20ft container

OH already gone, so yes everything down to me to clean, at the mo, i've go all his tool spread over the spare bedroom, to hoover out the toolboxes.

Hayley
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Hi all

Xxxxxxxxxxx

How exciting!!! You lucky lucky people

Hope it all goes well for you.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wohoo! Hubby spoke to our shippers this morning & our stuff should finally be leaving the country next Tuesday Estimated arrival in Perth is 9th October, so a good month or so later than we were hoping but at least it'll be on it's way at last.

Alison x
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshdragon2010
our stuff starts to next wed, 1st Sept. We used Pickfords, hope everything goes in2 the 20ft container

OH already gone, so yes everything down to me to clean, at the mo, i've go all his tool spread over the spare bedroom, to hoover out the toolboxes.

Hayley
Tools need to be really clean apparently. No sawdust, mud, grime etc...

I'm taking the easily cleanable ones and giving the old dirty ones away. (power tools)
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Tools need to be really clean apparently. No sawdust, mud, grime etc...

I'm taking the easily cleanable ones and giving the old dirty ones away. (power tools)
thanks 4 the info.

cleaned everything this afternoon, hoovered out the toolboxes, cleaned off all the drill bits with a dry paintbrush, i get all the good jobs!! Made sure all the drills were clean.

Told OH, his few gardenin bits were staying....way too much hard work, wiv everything else I need to sort out.....be glad when next Friday comes and the container has gone. I'll defo be aving a drink that night.

hayley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.