Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers been and gone

Shippers been and gone

Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:21 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold
Default Shippers been and gone

Hi all,

Just a word to let you know we had a very successful day with our shippers. We read a number of points of view on here, and decided to go with John Mason in the end over PSS or Crown.

Well, they were an extremely professional crew and a pleasure to see our possessions being handled so well. All went as planned, the container finally left exactly on time, and the quantities all judged to perfection.

I cannot recommend John Mason International highly enough, they were truly fantastic throughout and made us feel totally at ease. OK, the quote was more than some of the others, but I'm 100% certain I made the right choice. Let's hope the container sees the same due care and attention all the way to Sydney, and then during unpacking.
Attached Thumbnails Shippers been and gone-p1010001.jpg   Shippers been and gone-p1010002.jpg   Shippers been and gone-p1010003.jpg   Shippers been and gone-p1010008.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Shippers been and gone

Not lucky enough to be looking at shippers yet, but one day! ...

Nice pics and John Mason sound like they did a good job ...
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:42 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by <")))><
Hi all,

Just a word to let you know we had a very successful day with our shippers. We read a number of points of view on here, and decided to go with John Mason in the end over PSS or Crown.

Well, they were an extremely professional crew and a pleasure to see our possessions being handled so well. All went as planned, the container finally left exactly on time, and the quantities all judged to perfection.

I cannot recommend John Mason International highly enough, they were truly fantastic throughout and made us feel totally at ease. OK, the quote was more than some of the others, but I'm 100% certain I made the right choice. Let's hope the container sees the same due care and attention all the way to Sydney, and then during unpacking.
Glad it went well. The photos are great, really useful.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:49 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Oh glad they were good! They are doing us in two weeks! Pics are good too!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I'm going to ask a really thick question now - do they load your stuff straight into the container that goes onto the ship!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:16 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DebraH
I'm going to ask a really thick question now - do they load your stuff straight into the container that goes onto the ship!

Yes they do, and very precisely (in terms of weight and shape). Once all our stuff was inside, the packers and the driver both sealed the container with bolt seals, which will remain intact until it reaches Australia.

Bon voyage
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:28 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they do, and very precisely (in terms of weight and shape). Once all our stuff was inside, the packers and the driver both sealed the container with bolt seals, which will remain intact until it reaches Australia.

Bon voyage
Happy days matey, whatever your name is, I wish you all the best for the future
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Shippers been and gone

I hope you don't mind me asking but did you decide to take everything with you? Also did you pack the boxes or did they? and could you tell me roughly how much it cost? Thank you.

P.S. best of luck for the future.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Hi all,

Hi, we've booked with John Mason's. Had a look at the pics. We've got a reefer. Is that what you had too?
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Caroline G
We've got a reefer.

Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:32 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
Happy days matey, whatever your name is, I wish you all the best for the future
Quick look at the Fish's profile would reveal that he uses that avatar because his surname is Salmon, first name Richard... So... best of luck with the big move Richard
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Like it. It's coming on the 19th & 20th Dec. Are we gonna have a very merry, chilled out Christmas or what??!!!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Caroline G]Hi, we've booked with John Mason's. Had a look at the pics. We've got a reefer.

is that what it takes to chill out through the visa process
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Latona]
Originally Posted by Caroline G
Hi, we've booked with John Mason's. Had a look at the pics. We've got a reefer.

is that what it takes to chill out through the visa process
A reefer is a 20ft container which was used to ship goods, for example, wine, lamb other foodstuffs that need temperature control from OZ or NZ to the UK. It's got cooling equipment built into it so it hasn't got the full capacity a regular 20ft container has. However, as the exporting company want their container back to send further goods they are happy to let the removal companies hire them in order to get their container back & make some money to boot. It's cheaper than a regular container.

See I'm actually a clean living girl, 'Zammo & the other Grange Hill kids taught me, Just say No!'
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:52 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Caroline G]
Originally Posted by Latona

See I'm actually a clean living girl, 'Zammo & the other Grange Hill kids taught me, Just say No!'
Yea - and we know what happened to that lot ! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.