Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers been and gone

Shippers been and gone

Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:02 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shippers been and gone

Originally Posted by Mrs M
I hope you don't mind me asking but did you decide to take everything with you? Also did you pack the boxes or did they? and could you tell me roughly how much it cost? Thank you.

P.S. best of luck for the future.
No worries...

We are taking everything that we want to keep after months of carboots, giveaways, throwaways, and abandonings !
As for packing, no you should not do any of your own packing. Leave it to the pros. If you have any original boxes for stuff like TVs & hi-fis then clearly do what you can to help them. They work hard.

Cost after insurance in the region of £4k.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Caroline G]
Originally Posted by Latona

See I'm actually a clean living girl, 'Zammo & the other Grange Hill kids taught me, Just say No!'
thanks for the info caroline, i didnt expect anything less
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:07 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Caroline G
Hi, we've booked with John Mason's. Had a look at the pics. We've got a reefer. Is that what you had too?
No, this was a full capacity 20 footer, and we needed every inch.

Another tip, keep the tea and biscuits/cake coming.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by <")))><
No, this was a full capacity 20 footer, and we needed every inch.

Another tip, keep the tea and biscuits/cake coming.

Those pictures brought back some memories of 2 1/2 years ago, we used John Masons aswell!

Good luck with your move
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:12 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

looking at the 3rd photo, I can't see what is written on all of them, but are they ALL toys for the boys room?

It will be like Xmas all over again for them/him when they/he gets all those boxes

All the best
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:23 pm
New South Welshie

Originally Posted by walaj
looking at the 3rd photo, I can't see what is written on all of them, but are they ALL toys for the boys room?

It will be like Xmas all over again for them/him when they/he gets all those boxes

All the best

LOL......ermm, yes they are all toys for our 2 boys

..and if you look closely, one of my toys is up there too, my Korg Triton keyboard so I'll be front and centre too when it all pitches up in Sydney.

Thanks !
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:27 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

In that case I am glad we just have the one child whom has managed to limit the amount of toys accumulated in her first 10mths.

See you in Sydney (hopefully sometime from Feb)
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Can I ask how much that cost? It looks like a container load to me (how much is that in cubic feet?).

Thanks

SS
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:04 am
New South Welshie

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Can I ask how much that cost? It looks like a container load to me (how much is that in cubic feet?).

Thanks

SS
Roughly £4k.....1000 cubic feet

HTH
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:59 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
Happy days matey, whatever your name is, I wish you all the best for the future

His name is <")))><
Old Nov 12th 2005, 11:02 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by <")))><
Roughly £4k.....1000 cubic feet

HTH
So <")))>< do you know what a 20 foot container is classed as in cubic feet?

The cubic measurements totally confuse me
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:26 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
So <")))>< do you know what a 20 foot container is classed as in cubic feet?

The cubic measurements totally confuse me
20ft container contains 31 cubic metres..... which is around 1094 cubic feet

Here's a handy link:

http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.c...ert.htm#volume