Shippers

Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Belle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shippers

Hi, can anyone recommend an international shippers. London to Brisbane. Have a quote of 4K for a sole use 20' container. That's including insurance.

Thanks!
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shippers

They really are much of a muchness. In seven years I have read nothing that makes me think that any is notable better or worse than another. So my advice is to get three quotes and go with the cheapest.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Belle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
They really are much of a muchness. In seven years I have read nothing that makes me think that any is notable better or worse than another. So my advice is to get three quotes and go with the cheapest.
Thanks Bermudashorts, got 2 more companies coming this week. Don't you love it when the quotes drop through the letter box!
Old Apr 15th 2016, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

blondiefee is an unknown quantity at this point

Belle 121 - which companies have you got quotes from? We are looking to move over at the end of the year (hopefully, all going to plan)... and we are in the process of starting to plan things.. Did they tell you how they pack the container? and I mean by that, do they bring the 20ft container to your house or does your stuff get packed into smaller boxes and put into a container by forklift?
Old Apr 15th 2016, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by blondiefee
Belle 121 - which companies have you got quotes from? We are looking to move over at the end of the year (hopefully, all going to plan)... and we are in the process of starting to plan things.. Did they tell you how they pack the container? and I mean by that, do they bring the 20ft container to your house or does your stuff get packed into smaller boxes and put into a container by forklift?
Hi blondiefee,

So far have had a quote from PSS, yesterday Pickfords came and today Anglo Pacific. Next week have John Mason. So I've only one set of numbers from PSS. They've quoted just over 4K for a 20' container with a bit left over to join a joint shipping container with others. I live quite minimistically and have already thrown a lot of stuff out to reduce the amount of stuff I will ship. It's almost worth just shipping the expensive items you have as extra outside the 20' container is £5.50 per cubic foot.
On top of this I need to pay for wooden casings for TVs and paintings of value. This will guarantee safe arrival. TVs casing £75, painting £65
Import inspection fee $400-550
Insurance is included in the 4K, it's usually about 3% of quote.

They pack everything for you, straight into the container outside your house. However I live in a narrow cul de sac
So they will park container on the larger road and ferry the items into a van from house to the container. It will take two days, smallish 4 bed house! Still, they pack for safe arrival. I've requested the items of not much value to be packed last as if I run out of space the IKEA items can be left behind! Of course they use the usual packing boxes as in a regular move but pay special attention to padding, bubble blankets. I gather it's just like a normal move with extra care.
I was told that household effect containers are usually put on the ships in the middle area on ship as high risk containers are situated on the top and edge. Therefore our goods get less movement and the high risk containers can be soaked! 😁

I guess the container will be on the back of a large truck outside house. From there the container is taken back to the company's base and await to be taken to the port.
Once in Aus after inspection, they bring container to your address and unpack everything, assemble beds, tables and anything else they've taken apart.

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 16th 2016, 1:52 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

We chose Pickfords for shipping, and Letton Percival for insurance.

Old Apr 19th 2016, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kirstyp
Hope that helps < snipped - site rules

Wow, thank u so much, that's a great help.
Cheers
Fee

Last edited by BEVS; May 3rd 2016 at 10:44 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 1:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We used Doree Bonner when shipping a container load over last year. They were very good, however the really nice antiques and piano that got crated somehow got uncrated during the journey and the piano got $2 grand's worth of damage. We were refunded the crating cost and the insurance paid up for the damage with no hassle.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi renth,

Wow! Did you manage you find a replacement piano in Aus?
At the moment Pickfords are coming in cheapest which surprises me. Anglopacific most expensive.
Good to know the insurance is worth while.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 5:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Belle121
Hi renth,

Wow! Did you manage you find a replacement piano in Aus?
At the moment Pickfords are coming in cheapest which surprises me. Anglopacific most expensive.
Good to know the insurance is worth while.
LOL, no they didn't destroy it, just scratched it but it is a Steinway so even a scratch is a 2 grand job.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks All - good info to know. Cheers Belle 121 for detailed reply.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Nel1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
We used Doree Bonner when shipping a container load over last year. They were very good, however the really nice antiques and piano that got crated somehow got uncrated during the journey and the piano got $2 grand's worth of damage. We were refunded the crating cost and the insurance paid up for the damage with no hassle.

This is good to know....I cant decide between Crown and Doree Bonner but instinctively I'm wanting to go for Doree Bonner.

Fully anticipating that some stuff with be trashed whoever I go with, so glad to know they pay out for damages!
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Pickfords seemed to be very competitive. However they want 2.8% of total value for the insurance, I've got them down to 2.5 on my last conversation with them.
I'm now checking out other insurance companies and am looking at 1.5%. Well worth while not going with the removalists insurance as is costing £500 more, for the same policy!

Thanks for the recommendation Vash the Stampede!
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Just checking Belle121 .. the insurance, is that for 'if the ship sinks' or is that for damage as well...
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nel1987
This is good to know....I cant decide between Crown and Doree Bonner but instinctively I'm wanting to go for Doree Bonner.

Fully anticipating that some stuff with be trashed whoever I go with, so glad to know they pay out for damages!

When we moved back last year, Doree Bonner were the unpacking agent used this end, we booked through Grace in Australia. Anyway we got a crew of 12 year olds, they were exceptionally quick compared to my other three unpacking experiences, but e were left with stuff just piled up everywhere all over the house, the mountain of stuff left on one of the beds practically touched the ceiling! No care.

So although I mentiond in the thread, that I have seen nothing to suggest any is particularly better or worse, Doree Bonner were definitely my worst experience.

Originally Posted by Belle121
Pickfords seemed to be very competitive. However they want 2.8% of total value for the insurance, I've got them down to 2.5 on my last conversation with them.
I'm now checking out other insurance companies and am looking at 1.5%. Well worth while not going with the removalists insurance as is costing £500 more, for the same policy!

Thanks for the recommendation Vash the Stampede!
Go to Letton Percival, the removalists insurnannce is always a lot more.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Apr 22nd 2016 at 6:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.