Reload this Page >

Shipments into Brisbane

Wikiposts

Shipments into Brisbane

Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:33 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipments into Brisbane

Originally Posted by Sue2
They are more than happy to unpack we only wanted them to unpack the stuff that was wrapped in cardboard and brown paper, they also opened most of the boxes and took out the extra paper. We didn't want them to take away the boxes as we'll be moving out of here in March, so need the boxes for that....we've just flat packed them in the garage

All the best for Wednesday

Sue x
Oh thanks for replying Sue - I wasn't going to hold on to the boxes as I though that if you got a profesional removal company they would supply the boxes when they pack the house back up? Like what Claire says to me the boxes would just be a hidey hole for spiders etc in the garage - and with the garages all attatched to the houses via a door don't think i'd fancy that!!!

Anyone know if a removal company would supply the boxes?

Lynn
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Shipments into Brisbane

For anyone waiting for shipment

Ours arived in Brisbane on 11/11 and was cleared by customs and AQIS on 24/11. They pulled out some ornaments with seeds on and we told CROWN tyo destroy them (no cost to us). This allowed our shipmenmt to be delivered 30/11. The men arrived at 9.30 am on that day and unloaded all of our stuff, unpacked what I asked them to and placed everything where I advised. The rest of the stuff is left boxed in the garage, as we may move at the end of this fixed six month rental. Only 1 small bowl broken.

Would recomend Crown to anyone. All fees such as container cleaning and Aqis/customs inspections are included in their costing.

BB
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
For anyone waiting for shipment

Ours arived in Brisbane on 11/11 and was cleared by customs and AQIS on 24/11. They pulled out some ornaments with seeds on and we told CROWN tyo destroy them (no cost to us). This allowed our shipmenmt to be delivered 30/11. The men arrived at 9.30 am on that day and unloaded all of our stuff, unpacked what I asked them to and placed everything where I advised. The rest of the stuff is left boxed in the garage, as we may move at the end of this fixed six month rental. Only 1 small bowl broken.

Would recomend Crown to anyone. All fees such as container cleaning and Aqis/customs inspections are included in their costing.

BB
I'd second your opinion of Crown too! - we had our stuff delivered last week - the 2 men were there at 7.30am and had all 110 of our boxes off the truck and unpacked in just 3 and a half hours (we did help too to make things even quicker). They were energetic and very professional - we had no breakages other than my cheap MFI dressing table being slightly bashed (no major issue though and Marc repaired it). The 2 men also rebuilt all our furniture and bikes etc. The leather sofa was exactly the same as it was when it left the UK - their sofa packaging had really protected it from the long hot journey. The only advice i'd give people isn't to bother taking any candles with you - even though a lot of mine were wrapped in paper then boxed most of them had melted and re-set so they were a bit worse for wear - they were all cheap anyway. The containers must get extremely hot at sea.

All in all Crown have been professional and true to their word at all times with shipping time estimates etc. the service at either side was also great and we had no additional fees to pay as they are all included in the original quote - we never even got any extra costs from customs.

Lynn
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:42 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

For any of you waiting.

Our shipment arrived in Brisbane on the 5th of November. After numerous phone calls to International Movers and Shippers which is the company that PSS use this end we finally received our container today.
I must add here that PSS were fantastic although this end wasn't as good and felt a bit disappointed after the brilliant service at the UK end.

Oh the joy of a bed, sofa, washing machine and of course our PC. You dont realise how much you take for granted until you dont have it
We were charged $440.00 for Quarantine inspection, I was told that this was because we had a full container, I am going to question this as we actually only had a reefer container and anyway the only things that had been looked at were the obvious things such as bike, tool box, Xmas dec's so dont see why we had to pay $440.00 for 3 things to be inspected, would be interested to know what other's have been charged. The Jeyes cleaning obviously paid off as nothing was pulled up.
Right well now that I have set the PC up I had better carry on with the kitchen otherwise there will be no space for breakfast or making packed lunches in the morning. And then I am off to my bed, my glorious bed and not a lilo
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
For any of you waiting.

Our shipment arrived in Brisbane on the 5th of November. After numerous phone calls to International Movers and Shippers which is the company that PSS use this end we finally received our container today.
I must add here that PSS were fantastic although this end wasn't as good and felt a bit disappointed after the brilliant service at the UK end.

Oh the joy of a bed, sofa, washing machine and of course our PC. You dont realise how much you take for granted until you dont have it
We were charged $440.00 for Quarantine inspection, I was told that this was because we had a full container, I am going to question this as we actually only had a reefer container and anyway the only things that had been looked at were the obvious things such as bike, tool box, Xmas dec's so dont see why we had to pay $440.00 for 3 things to be inspected, would be interested to know what other's have been charged. The Jeyes cleaning obviously paid off as nothing was pulled up.
Right well now that I have set the PC up I had better carry on with the kitchen otherwise there will be no space for breakfast or making packed lunches in the morning. And then I am off to my bed, my glorious bed and not a lilo
The fee you were charged will probably be partly one of the fee's PSS don't include in their original quote - whereas Crown include the port fee's etc within their quote - this was the main reason we chose Crown over PSS as didn't want any surprises in Australia. We were very lucky - like you we scrubbed everything in soap and water (never bothered with Jeyes) and we never got any additional charges for cleaning or destroying items - infact we never paid a single penny more for anything. Enjoy having your stuff back - it makes it all seem more real rather than feeling like your on holiday!

Lynn
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

the3leadbetters is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=spalen]removal company's charge by the hour unless price already agreed so choose one thats close to you as you pay for them traveling to you at 99 dollars an hour to you and back to the depot,99 dollars is the average in Brisbane if you can help them as much as possible put all your box in your garage this makes things quicker best of luck