Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipments into Brisbane

Shipments into Brisbane

Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipments into Brisbane

The boat is in!! now all we got to do is wait

Sue ....I want my stuff!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:38 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue2

Oh how exciting, I dont even know if my boat is in yet.
How did you find out? did the company this end contact you, mine is with PSS but no details for this end.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Shipments into Brisbane

Hi Sue,

Who is your contact for Brisbane? I am with Crown also and have been emailing an Andrea, who is on my tracking link. But cannot get any reply from her. Did thdey let you know your shipment had arrived?

Ours was due to come in today, according to tracking system, but I went onto Maersk line website and they say it will be Friday!!

I want my stuff!!!

Cheers Liz
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

You guys are doing well, I've just been told by our movers that shipments just arriving into Sydney just now, they don't expect to clear until Christmas!..

and our stuff isn't even packed yet :scared:
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:48 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by galloping gaijin
You guys are doing well, I've just been told by our movers that shipments just arriving into Sydney just now, they don't expect to clear until Christmas!..

and our stuff isn't even packed yet :scared:

Oh no, that is terrible.
Please dont let anything like that happen to us, we are now paying rent on an empty house and have to leave our furnished rental in 12 days :scared:

Good Luck Packing!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Oh how exciting, I dont even know if my boat is in yet.
How did you find out? did the company this end contact you, mine is with PSS but no details for this end.

We have on-line tracking, I'm sure PPS did it too? If not if your boat is due you could contact PSS by e.mail and ask, they also may have given a Brisbane contact that you could e.mail.

Good luck

Sue
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
Hi Sue,

Who is your contact for Brisbane? I am with Crown also and have been emailing an Andrea, who is on my tracking link. But cannot get any reply from her. Did thdey let you know your shipment had arrived?

Ours was due to come in today, according to tracking system, but I went onto Maersk line website and they say it will be Friday!!

I want my stuff!!!

Cheers Liz
Hi Liz...I wont hold my breath then thats who we have too, I e.mailed them on Friday.

I've just had a look on my on-line tracking and it said that it arrived on the 4th I have been told that you generally dont hear anything until its ready to be delivered. I'll let you know if I get a response to my e.mail

Good luck

Sue x
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Oh no, that is terrible.
Please dont let anything like that happen to us, we are now paying rent on an empty house and have to leave our furnished rental in 12 days :scared:

Good Luck Packing!!!!

Nightmare!!!! we'll have to get together and get you some bits I've heard good and bad stories, so everything crossed it all gets through alright!

Good luck
Sue
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Shipments into Brisbane

Hi Liz...I wont hold my breath then thats who we have too, I e.mailed them on Friday.

I've just had a look on my on-line tracking and it said that it arrived on the 4th I have been told that you generally dont hear anything until its ready to be delivered. I'll let you know if I get a response to my e.mail

Good luck

Sue x

Thanks Sue,

Hoping she will email back to me. I had to update with Oz. phone number etc.

Anyway good luck with yours and I'll hear how you go.

It's like waiting for Christamas, isn't it?

Cheers
Liz
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:41 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

The only question still unresolved is who will have the fishy on the little dishy when the boat comes in ?
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spalen
The only question still unresolved is who will have the fishy on the little dishy when the boat comes in ?
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

bloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nice
Cool Re: Shipments into Brisbane

We self packed and used Damco Sea and Air to move a 20 ft container. It has turned into a nightmare. Here's the sketch...

Asked for a quote in August.
They said £2485 for a 20 ft. Door to door.

Asked for details of all Australian Charges.
They took 5 days to receive a quote from ACA in Brisbane and advised us of $1126 AUD.

We paid the bill in total.

The container arrived at the house. We packed it and off it went.
We left a week later and got to Aus on September 29th. Langkawi is a good stopover for families incidentally (Malaysian airways and Sherraton deals from Dial-a-flight for the not-yet-commited....) Like Bali but no haggling/suicide bombers...No surf either but a week without is hardly gonna kill anyone on the way here....

So, we got to Australia eventually...Then we contacted ACA in Brisbane....

"We don't do Personal effects" they said. "Too much Trouble" they explained.

I told them I'd paid Damco on their quote... $1126 and they were amused but still not interested.

I called Damco. We talked. They called ACA.

ACA called me and said send all documents and a Unnacompanied Personal effects form ( wich they sent to me by courier) as soon as possible. They were, it seemed, going to deliver the container after all.

I sent all documents, passports copies as requested and declarations to ACA.

They called me back to say they had the documentation but were definately not interested now...could I go collect my paperwork and find another agent...

It seems that personal effects are really not easy at this end and my motorcycle will be a problem, even though I told Damco all about them,have Import permission and Damco simply advised me to drain all fuel and oils out , I am not sure why the bike has come as a surprise to anyone but that is only a minor irritation at this point....

firstly ACA want $2500.00 , plus Customs fees, Quarantine fees, Port Storage if needed ( due to crap new Customs system jamming up the docks as mentioned in your posts..). A conservative estimate of quotes found with other agents is all we can get. They range from $2,800 plus all charges to $5,000 if the port charges on storage. It is not expected that Aussie Dockers Unions will miss the oportunity to rake it in for the bosses then demand a cut...but either way we end up a long way from Door to Door for £2485.

Damco offered a refund of $485. AUD to cover delivery from Brisbane to Currumbin. We told them we woudn't accept a part refund and all the problem, we told them that we'd concider recovery of any extra costs in the UK County Courts. They blamed ACA. ACA blamed them and at the moment we have ACA agreeing to do it again but only as a special favour to me and still for an extra $2500. Or thereabouts depending on Dockyard charges and anything else they can imagine before Novermmber 9th !!

Anybody think I should bill Damco for the hassle/phonecalls/ACA charges ?
I speciffically asked them to list Aussie costs separately after my brother had similar nightmares with furniture last year but they were adamant that $1126 was enough..I now know that it cost $400 to take the container from the boat to the dock and leave it there, $150 to move it from the dock to a warehouse, $600 to unpack it, $160 per hour for a quarantine inspection, much more if there is anything they have to destroy,then you have the delivery to organise at whatever a removal man ( removalist apparantly)
feels reasonable...probably about $900-1100 with duty and GST on top.

Damco now insist that thier quote was based on no inspection or unpack at Brisbane...Why they imagined this is what happens with personal effects is beyond me, and the basis for my belief in a case for the courts, but I know that every agent I have spoken too here laughs at the notion and they have all said that all personal effects are always unpacked and examined thouroughly...It seems our agent is initially negligent and ultimately responsible for a vastly increased cost....Any lawyers out there need a job ??

Anyway,I am hoping we will have all our things soon as second hand Buells and Triumphs are very expensive here. Oh, I forgot to mention that an official valuer may be needed to value the bikes. "Only another $200 though, so no worries there mate" as they happily informed me....

( By the way,if anyone is thining of bringing a motorcycle in my adice is to do it and double your money if you can bear to sell it.. anything 3-5 years old in the uk, owned for a year, with average mileage is gold dust.Actually average mileage is low over here, Even after the customs value it and take 10% ( plus $200 !). Bring your receipt and a value from any UK garage for bargaining power and if it's a Speed Triple from 99 on I'll buy it myself...)

Some people will self pack and take on the paperwork, I don't mind a few forms myself, and some will just pay "The Man" but when things go wrong it's hard to know where to go next either way....Make sure you ask stupid questions instead of wishing you had....

Finally, whatever goes wrong, and however much it costs to fix we are all lucky to have the problems we have instead of the problems facing thousands across borders around the world every day.

I don't mean to go all Hippy but I've been here a month now and it's hard to stay angry once you see the kids swimming in the creek...one of the reasons we're all trying to get here I suppose...

See you in the Sun, and when your driving your 4.0ltr injection gas-guzzling Falcon or Commodore at 40p a litre please.... Think Bike !!

Bloofox.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have had a e.mail from Crown/Brisbane and they are saying the expected timescale is 10/14 days until delivery once it has gone through customs.... Bloody hope so

Will keep you all updated

Sue x
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:29 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Have had a e.mail from Crown/Brisbane and they are saying the expected timescale is 10/14 days until delivery once it has gone through customs.... Bloody hope so

Will keep you all updated

Sue x
Thats what I have been told too Sue - except my shared container arrived on the 7th October - slight delay in that I had to post out new customs forms to Crown Brisbane but thats over 14 days for me now since they recieved the new customs forms I think luckily don't need my stuff right away (although we are in Brisbane now) but praying it will be ready for the 26th November when we will move into a longer term rental (once we find one).

Good luck,
Lynn
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Thats what I have been told too Sue - except my shared container arrived on the 7th October - slight delay in that I had to post out new customs forms to Crown Brisbane but thats over 14 days for me now since they recieved the new customs forms I think luckily don't need my stuff right away (although we are in Brisbane now) but praying it will be ready for the 26th November when we will move into a longer term rental (once we find one).

Good luck,
Lynn

Hope you get it in time, we had to buy loads of new bits anyway so we are managing ok without it all....just would be nice to have it As long as I get it before Xmas as I dont want to buy another tree Our forms have just been sent back to Crown/Brisbane ...so fingers crossed.

All the best

Sue x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.