Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ship goods back home or sell it all!

Ship goods back home or sell it all!

Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Herusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the rough
Default Ship goods back home or sell it all!

Hi there,

Any advice please!! My family and I are looking to move home to the UK from Perth in August and we dont know whether its best to take all our furniture and stuff back with us or just sell the large items like TV and Furniture?? Has anybody done this? And how easy or difficult is it to sell second hand white goods and furniture in Perth? We were thinking of putting it on Ebay or Quokka? We have been quoted around £2300 for half a container shipping but to be honest we dont have much stuff and it wouldn't bother me selling the sofas and stuff and furniture as we will be staying with family in the UK and wont have anywhere to store it anyway!
Also, is it easy to sell second hand cars quickley and easily?? Any advice would be much appreciated, as very stressed at moment. Regards, Mandy Gee x
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Ship goods back home or sell it all!

Originally Posted by Herusix
Hi there,

Any advice please!! My family and I are looking to move home to the UK from Perth in August and we dont know whether its best to take all our furniture and stuff back with us or just sell the large items like TV and Furniture?? Has anybody done this? And how easy or difficult is it to sell second hand white goods and furniture in Perth? We were thinking of putting it on Ebay or Quokka? We have been quoted around £2300 for half a container shipping but to be honest we dont have much stuff and it wouldn't bother me selling the sofas and stuff and furniture as we will be staying with family in the UK and wont have anywhere to store it anyway!
Also, is it easy to sell second hand cars quickley and easily?? Any advice would be much appreciated, as very stressed at moment. Regards, Mandy Gee x
Hello Mandy.
This is the million dollar question. Been baffling me for months, whether to take all our stuff, or sell it.
If you weigh up the cost to buy new in UK or to pay for a container, i think that would help you decide. After working out our figures, it is cheaper for us to sell most of out big things...inc TV's that are rather big and lounges.
I think selling in the Quokka is a quick and easy way, if the price is right.