Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sheffield meet round 2, how does end november sound?

Sheffield meet round 2, how does end november sound?

Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:32 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield meet round 2, how does end november sound?

Originally Posted by mandrew
Sorry for the brief reply.Back online now. Ill try to get off work early and be there for 7.30. If not ill join for drinks at 8.30.Dont see a problem though. What end of West St. is Wok Mania?,only been there once and was at the O' Neills end. Will save me getting lost again as a dumb Londoner! Cheers.
Hi trying to think where its near to?? are you coming on the tram if so cant miss it really big place with big windows, next door to Nandos.

Debs help me out where is Wok Mania near??

Kay xx
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. Got the medical booked and x rays for next tuesday.Now ive got to get an a to z of Sheffield as i'll be a lost Londoner only knowing how to get to Meadowhall from Bawtry.Plenty of time to figure it out.Will need one anyways to get to meet on 25th! I use the library at Bawtry so werent me hogging the 'ter loov!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:19 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi trying to think where its near to?? are you coming on the tram if so cant miss it really big place with big windows, next door to Nandos.

Debs help me out where is Wok Mania near??

Kay xx

hiya!
its in between tescos and Nandos.......on the next block from the closed down garage.....opposite that big studenty pub......
if you come by tram, you need the 'tesco' stop on west street - its next door to tescos, opposite that big studenty pub. think its the 2nd tram stop on west st (first one is at the bottom of west st by the 80s pub), then it goes all the way up ....... its a busy tram stop so you should have chance to dive off if you stand near the front doors!!
bus - get either 52's, or a 60, 120, and ask them for the...erm...its either the 2nd or 3rd stop on west street - again, tesco's.....should get you there ok!
when i go up, i shall draw a map using the pubs....you cant go wrong following directions by pub!!
sue
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

Im driving from Meadowhall or maybe thats a bad idea i dont know.Im not a drinker unfamiliar with downtown though. Perhaps it would be best to get a tram.Do you know if theres one from Meadowhall? Cheers. Getting an A to Z just in case.
After getting the med. request and booking the x.ray /meds for next week didnt sleep much sleep last night. They're asking for final pay receipts for last 3 employers over the last 18 months including leaving dates,accumulated wages etc.In a panic now as i've submitted pay stubs already,i thought these would suffice. Just going mad now thinking they'll deny me at the last hurdle. Contacted Inland Revenue for breakdown of employers,leaving/start dates.Just hope this will do. Wondering if anyone else was asked for this info?Anyone?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Thats great,couldnt have been more helpfull.I've printed that off and feel better about that now.Cheers dears.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Im driving from Meadowhall or maybe thats a bad idea i dont know.Im not a drinker unfamiliar with downtown though. Perhaps it would be best to get a tram.Do you know if theres one from Meadowhall? Cheers.

yep, get a tram from meadowhell....there are several routes from meadowhell, get either the malin bridge tram or middlewood tram, and ask for the 2nd stop on west street, the stop at tescos. tram conductors are usually slightly more helpful than the buses, so you should be ok.
(the other trams - cathedral, herdings park and halfway would mean you would have to get off in town and wait for a malin bridge/middlewood tram, so you may as well wait for the ones i mentioned at meadowhall.)
just had a thought - the first tram stop on west st is called 'city hall', just to confuse you its the one after you want . the trams run til late, so if you leave your car in meadowhall, you will be able to get a tram back, at 11 - 11.30ish. shall look at the timetable later for you.

sue
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Sue , your'e a star.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Sue,do you have the tel. number for an Oz agent in Sheffield or thereabouts?Did you use an agent? Thanks. Andrew.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Sue,do you have the tel. number for an Oz agent in Sheffield or thereabouts?Did you use an agent? Thanks. Andrew.
hi andrew, not sure about any agents in or around sheffield, i'm using gomatilda, excellent so far. i've been asked for the last 4-6 pay slips and my p60 which i cant give because i lost it!

take sues advice and leave your car at meadowhell, everyone knows west street and even if you miss a stop, it'll only be a five minute walk back.

good luck

debbie x
Old Nov 9th 2005, 3:13 pm

Hi Andrew I am sure there arent any in sheffield, we used OE Visas based in Manchester/Edinburgh just make sure the agent is MARA registered.

Possoms
Old Nov 9th 2005, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Debbie. Are you STNI? Cant remember. I've heard of go matilda and will contact them. I wonder if dimia knows that by the time we get there we'll all be nervous wrecks! My previous employers are not nice people and hope they're not contacted, anyways we have no control so why worry eh. Will do the tram now,good idea, thx both for the info.Just got to ask work tmrw to leave early that day.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 3:41 pm

Hi Debbie. Are you STNI? Cant remember. I've heard of go matilda and will contact them. I wonder if dimia knows that by the time we get there we'll all be nervous wrecks! My previous employers are not nice people and hope they're not contacted, anyways we have no control so why worry eh. Will do the tram now,good idea, thx both for the info.Just got to ask work tmrw to leave early that day.
Hi Debbie not STNI but we are.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah,i remember now,any luck with the house. You're stni tasmania i think,anyway.Please let me know if you were asked for last 18 months pay info. too. This is all they've asked for other than meds/x rays,and 1022. A bleedin pain. Cheers Sue
Old Nov 9th 2005, 4:16 pm

Yeah,i remember now,any luck with the house. You're stni tasmania i think,anyway.Please let me know if you were asked for last 18 months pay info. too. This is all they've asked for other than meds/x rays,and 1022. A bleedin pain. Cheers Sue
Hello Sue?? are you coming to the meet also?

Partner is self employed but had to submit all account records though, so I suppose answer is yes we did. I think it is to prove you have been doing your job for the last 18 months. Sorry what is your skill??

The only way round it is to contact your previous employers for the info. Dont think an agent will be able to help there.

Yep Tasmania. No, no luck with the house
Old Nov 9th 2005, 5:29 pm

hi andrew,
im embarassed to say i fell asleep on the bus as it went up west st this afternoon, so missed the pubs!!!!!
will try again tomorrow!

sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.