Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SHEFFIELD EX PATS???

SHEFFIELD EX PATS???

Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:43 am
Sheffield to Adelaide 07

lozza is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face SHEFFIELD EX PATS???

We've been in Adelaide since Feb 07 and loving it. Have heard through some friends that people my husband may know have recently moved. My husband Tony was a butcher for 20 years in Sheffield Markets, is there other Butchers that have moved to Adelaide?????? Would love to hear from you
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHEFFIELD EX PATS???

Originally Posted by lozza
We've been in Adelaide since Feb 07 and loving it. Have heard through some friends that people my husband may know have recently moved. My husband Tony was a butcher for 20 years in Sheffield Markets, is there other Butchers that have moved to Adelaide?????? Would love to hear from you

Hiya,

I am a sheffield lass - but down here in Canberra.

Welcome
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:11 am
Sheffield to Adelaide 07

Where in Sheffield? How long have you been in Canberra?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I come from not too far away in Bradford, and I also live in Adelaide - at Para Hills in the Northern Suburbs.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:18 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

My mum worked in the fish market for quite a while in the 80's, and my dad always got fresh crabs from John the crab man.

I don't think anywhere has as good an indoor market as Sheffield, certainly not for fresh fish
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Where in Sheffield? How long have you been in Canberra?
In Canberra since Sept 2004. And my mum and gran live on the Arbourthorne - sister on Hackenthorpe and Son also at Hackenthorpe
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

johnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to all

Also a sheffield expat but via dorset. Parents in Clowne (derbyshire) now but loads of family in Batemore, Millhouses, Dore, Coal Aston and Kingswood. Also loads of friends in Dronfield and Chesterfield. Was born in Jessops and lived in Sheffield till I was 12 when moved to Chesterfield.

Now on Gold Coast since December and loving it - brother emailed yesterday to say had lost roof tiles in high winds and last weeks earthquake!! plus is snowing!!!

Ali
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by johnpod
Also a sheffield expat but via dorset. Parents in Clowne (derbyshire) now but loads of family in Batemore, Millhouses, Dore, Coal Aston and Kingswood. Also loads of friends in Dronfield and Chesterfield. Was born in Jessops and lived in Sheffield till I was 12 when moved to Chesterfield.

Now on Gold Coast since December and loving it - brother emailed yesterday to say had lost roof tiles in high winds and last weeks earthquake!! plus is snowing!!!

Ali

Small world indeed! I moved from Sheffield to live in small mining village next to Clowne, Creswell. Hubby's family still live there.

I taught at a school in Shirebrook and lots of the kids went onto Chesterfield college.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Helen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to all

Hello there. I am a Sheffield born lass, although I am a nomad, as I have lived in South Africa, Southampton and now Sydney. However, I will always consider myself a Yorkshire lass, and carried white roses on my wedding day! Also, am a Wednesday supporter (was actually a member of the Sheffield Wednesday supporters club of South Africa).
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:24 am
Sheffield to Adelaide 07

My husband a huge SWFC fan too!!!!! Still gets the ribbing texts from his mates in the UK now that they in same league. I moved to Sheffield in 1999 with my husband who was brought up in Pitsmoor, lived in Ellesmere, we moved to southey Green and bought our first home in Woodhouse 2000. Can anyonehelp with tracing butchers from Sheffield Markets who have recently arrived in Adelaide?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:26 am
Sheffield to Adelaide 07

Originally Posted by sasbear
In Canberra since Sept 2004. And my mum and gran live on the Arbourthorne - sister on Hackenthorpe and Son also at Hackenthorpe
Our house overlooked Hackenthorpe!!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Helen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to all

Up the Owls!!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Although I'm in the US not Aus...I am a Sheffield lass born and bred.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:19 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

My husband a huge SWFC fan too!!!!! Still gets the ribbing texts from his mates in the UK now that they in same league. I moved to Sheffield in 1999 with my husband who was brought up in Pitsmoor, lived in Ellesmere, we moved to southey Green and bought our first home in Woodhouse 2000. Can anyonehelp with tracing butchers from Sheffield Markets who have recently arrived in Adelaide?
My mum still lives in Woodhouse, near the police station!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:42 am
Sheffield to Adelaide 07

Originally Posted by ub40fan
My mum still lives in Woodhouse, near the police station!
My God, small world, we lived opposite Woodhouse West Primary!!! How often I have to hear those words 'up the owls'!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.