Several Questions ~Sorry lol

Several Questions ~Sorry lol

Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Summerleft is on a distinguished road
Default Several Questions ~Sorry lol

Thought it best for them all to go in one thread lol

Have been trawling the internet but a few I cant find answers to :

Pets just an idea as to how expensive and possible it is to take 2 dogs and 2 cats?
We have 5 cats,2 dogs and a horse but cannot manage all of them so would have to choose

Do pets have to quarantine over here first as well as when they get there?

OH has a CCJ but a good job thats in demand and his company has an office over there, will that stop the whole idea?

Healthcare eg dentists etc whats the deal?

and a personal one, how do you manage not seeing family very much?

Sure there will be more but I need a rest now lol
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:43 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Several Questions ~Sorry lol

hiya, welcome to BE!

If you do a board search you should be able to find good answers for most of these questions especially about the pets as there has been a lot of discussion on this subject lately.

The CCJ question might be best on the Immigration forum as there are often immigration agenst on there who should be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.

Not sure about heathcare, would be interested in this too actually!

The family thing is obviously a personal thing, I find that distance in my family helps us all get on better so I know once i move I'll be calling once every week or so and that'll be enough. It's my friends I'll miss even more but with Skyping etc you can talk and actually see ach other and of course once you move to Oz you'll become the most popular person ever and everyone you know will want to visit!!

best of luck,

Therese
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:55 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

We have been here a year and a bit now.

We decided(after much soul searching) to leave our cat behind. They are not held in the same regard here and I know i would have been devastated to find "parrot" feathers on the lawn!! He was a real hunter and aside from him killing stuff i couldn't justify all that money to find he became a snakes dinner!!!

As for the cost is was going to be around £1300 just for him.

I can't help either on the CCJ matter but i do know that there are companies in the UK that for a fee will wipe the CCJ off records.

Dentists are very expensive here and even kids don't get free care. Healthcare is excellent if you qualify for Medicare - - its like the english NHS as long as you go to a public hospital. Whether or not you qualify all depends on the type of visa you go for. We are on a 136 permanent residency visa so we get medicare from the day we arrived.

AS for the family thing its a totally personal issue. We miss all our friends and family but not enough to give up this amazing lifestyle we have got now compared to the UK.

Hope this helps

xRx

Originally Posted by Summerleft

Pets just an idea as to how expensive and possible it is to take 2 dogs and 2 cats?
We have 5 cats,2 dogs and a horse but cannot manage all of them so would have to choose

OH has a CCJ but a good job thats in demand and his company has an office over there, will that stop the whole idea?

Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Bosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant futureBosola has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch

I can't help either on the CCJ matter but i do know that there are companies in the UK that for a fee will wipe the CCJ off records.
I had cause to look into this a while ago, it turned out be something of a scam unless you fitted into a very small set of criteria

If you have a CCJ on your record, you might be tempted by companies promising to remove it and clean up your rating. Unfortunately, this is only feasible in a few cases. Sometimes, the CCJ is entered on to your record by mistake even though you cleared the debt within the one month time limit. If this has happened then you have the right to have it removed from your records.

The only other ways to have a CCJ removed is to show that there was something wrong with the way in which the judgement was awarded. If, for example, you didn't receive the initial Claim Form, and you were unaware of the proceedings, then you didn't have the chance to defend yourself and so the judgement is invalid.
That's taken from an ezine article -

County-Court-Judgements-Explained
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:38 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bosola
I had cause to look into this a while ago, it turned out be something of a scam unless you fitted into a very small set of criteria

That's taken from an ezine article -

County-Court-Judgements-Explained
That sounds very true but i had friends who used a company to help them before they bought there second house - - -so they are out there

xRx
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

One Staffy dog - £2,500 from memory (door to door!) No quarantine in UK, 28 days here.

Doubt the CCJ will affect anything!

Dentist cost a fortune here! ... get ANYTHING sorted before you come!

Didn't see family much in the UK so no change there.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Yep your right on the CCJ! it doesnt matter phew lol

Bit worried about the pets thats, around 7k for the 4 wonder if they do multiple discounts lol

I'm thinking a year to prepare if we do it
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep your right on the CCJ! it doesnt matter phew lol

Bit worried about the pets thats, around 7k for the 4 wonder if they do multiple discounts lol

I'm thinking a year to prepare if we do it
Try http://www.jets4pets.com when you're looking for quotes.

We had murders with a company that EVERYONE raves about on here (name escapes now ... ) as once we had a prob with my dog being given the Lepto jab by my vet by mistake, they washed their hands with us! ... :curse:

I phoned Jets4pets late one eve and the owner spent an hour of his time chattin to me about what we should do to try and reverse this and all the rest and basically (in MY opinion!) they REALLY was excellent!

Actually! ... rewind on my figure, it was £1,500 for our mutt to get here, but anyway, yeah they REALLY was tops! ... ask for a guy called Brian (think that's his name), top bloke! ...
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:11 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

A CCJ means nothing. It has no bearing whatsoever on your application and no credit checks are done. Its irrelevent for the purposes of your visa how much money you have or your credit history. They simply dont care and dont ask. Even better news is that your credit history in Australia has nothing to do with that in the UK, so your OH can start afresh.

Check out www.airpets.co.uk for a rough guide on what to do. Recommend them highly.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your replies airpets look good and I like the price for the other one lol so contacting both.