Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Seven Seas Excess baggage

Seven Seas Excess baggage

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Seven Seas Excess baggage

After the chaos of the house removal last week we had a few items left off the container that we want to send out. Also the sales have been hard for me to resist!... We have decided to send out a couple of tea chest sized boxes and Seven Seas have come back with the best quote. Door within M25 to Door In Brisbane 1st box £79 and any others £45 each. This is a lot cheaper than excess baggage who wanted basically double.

They also supply all the boxes, tape, bubble wrap and collect them from your house. I had the boxes delivered today and they will collect when I am ready.

Has anyone used them before?? Any idea if the boxes will actually get there?!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:48 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Seven Seas Excess baggage

Originally posted by tinaj
After the chaos of the house removal last week we had a few items left off the container that we want to send out. Also the sales have been hard for me to resist!... We have decided to send out a couple of tea chest sized boxes and Seven Seas have come back with the best quote. Door within M25 to Door In Brisbane 1st box £79 and any others £45 each. This is a lot cheaper than excess baggage who wanted basically double.

They also supply all the boxes, tape, bubble wrap and collect them from your house. I had the boxes delivered today and they will collect when I am ready.

I never even got a quote from except baggage, left 3 messages & still waiting.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seven Seas Excess baggage

Do a search on Seven Seas as I had a bad experience. Someone else recently had a good experience with them.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future

wow - that look alot cheaper than all the ones I have tried so far. Might go for this lot as well, as I only have a few boxes to send out so won't at least have to fork out for a whole container. Hope they are reliable though....
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 6:25 pm

They were not reliable for me. Boxes sent in April arrived september.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Default Strewth!!

Quick service there then!!!

May have to shop around a bit longer then!

Anyone else know of decent cheapish removal people?

Only have a couple of t-chests to send out.

Piers
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bondipom
They were not reliable for me. Boxes sent in April arrived september.

What was their excuse for the delay? I thought 10 weeks was bad!
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 10:26 pm

What was their excuse for the delay? I thought 10 weeks was bad!
They were in payment dispute with their Australian Agents (Megatop). Megatop refused to deliver any of Seven Seas cartons and us customers were stuck in the middle not knowing who to believe. NSW Fair Trading would not help because the contract was in Britain and Surrey trading standards were interested but bloody useless.

I have no idea who was to blame but Seven Seas were very reactive with their customer service and it took ages to get any answers. Megatop just gave sob stories about how they were being screwed by Seven Seas.

Eventually Megatop delivered the goods for over $100 which Seven Seas credited to my UK debit card. Someone else recently had a good delivery from them but all I can offer is my horrible experience.