Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

settling in took 2 years

settling in took 2 years

Old May 1st 2010, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: settling in took 2 years

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Bollocks.

I was settled shortly before the plane's wheels touched the ground, have never felt unsettled since and still hang out on a forum about moving abroad. Mind you I also hang out on a number of other forums depending on what I'm doing at the time.

There's a number of us here in the same boat - Badgeisback, Martin Luther, JonD and Hutch spring to mind.

Buzzy

We settled in pretty much straight away, so much so that 5 years on I really can't remember too much of our daily lives in the UK.

We haven't made a huge circle of friends since we have been here, but they a very good friends.

And like most people on here I still use this forum and a similar one, as a source of information, to try and help other posters and sometimes just to have a bit of a windup.

Last edited by jond; May 1st 2010 at 4:37 pm.