Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

nickallen1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by btazgallacher
Hi all,

Well about a month ago i was all down in the dumps , my kids went back home to live with ex and generally i felt abandoned.Arrived here in April with nothing much . Since then i have made lots of friends at my work and i have a social life in the city on Friday s after work and i have made friends. Life is GOOOOOOOOOD. And this is in the worst season so how good will it get when the balmy night and beach days come along.

I have moved a few times in my life and it is never easy especially with children. When i my parents brought me to the middle east when i was young i refused to communicate with anyone as i felt hurt that they pulled me away from my friends. Eventually i loved my life there and i still thank my parents for giving me such a good life . My son ( 18) will not come out until his girlfriend is old enough to come with him and my daughter (16)is coming back in October.

Its not easy and it takes some hard months but in the end it will be all worth it if you open up to opportunity and life and and this beautifull country.

If anyone needs a friend or any kind of contact just let me know as i am an open person and very sociable and having been there myself i am quite happy to help out if it can make a difference. I live in Beldon near Edgewater . I am 46 but young at heart and just get in touch if u want to go out in the city or Joondalup and will sort something or even if you want to go for coffee somewhere , no worries as they say .

Linda :-)
G'day , may well be taking you up on your offer towards christmas. Visa is only ( hopefully) a couple of weeks away and we're looking at edgewater, ellenbrook, ridgewood areas. Know its going to be hard over christmas period leaving family and friends ( two young lads 9 and 7 who will no doubt miss grandparents, thay can't appreciate that we're doing this mostly for their future) .Will be in touch in hopefully not too distant future.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:02 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by nickallen1969
G'day , may well be taking you up on your offer towards christmas. Visa is only ( hopefully) a couple of weeks away and we're looking at edgewater, ellenbrook, ridgewood areas. Know its going to be hard over christmas period leaving family and friends ( two young lads 9 and 7 who will no doubt miss grandparents, thay can't appreciate that we're doing this mostly for their future) .Will be in touch in hopefully not too distant future.
That makes two of us
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:52 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mary1967
That makes two of us
Count me in too!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

birdies has a spectacular aura aboutbirdies has a spectacular aura aboutbirdies has a spectacular aura about

hi there

i am in the middle of trying to set up a couples night or girlies on their own. I live in Iluka and do feel bit down in the dumps as having trouble getting a job as most people say i am Too Qualified!!!!! perhaps i am but gettting p*ssed off now!!!

So if any girlies are wishing to go out or want a couples night out give me a shout and i will count you in

xxxx
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by birdies
hi there

i am in the middle of trying to set up a couples night or girlies on their own. I live in Iluka and do feel bit down in the dumps as having trouble getting a job as most people say i am Too Qualified!!!!! perhaps i am but gettting p*ssed off now!!!

So if any girlies are wishing to go out or want a couples night out give me a shout and i will count you in

xxxx

Me and Dawn are still in the UK, but as soon as we get over there i'm sure we'll sort something out.

How long have you been in Oz and what's your occupation?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

birdies has a spectacular aura aboutbirdies has a spectacular aura aboutbirdies has a spectacular aura about

Hi there we have been here a year now and doing another year and then heading east i think!!!

I am an office manager but have started having a website done as i am fed up with the knock backs!!! There is so many jobs here but you have to realise they work very different to us.

Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:58 pm

Hi there we have been here a year now and doing another year and then heading east i think!!!

I am an office manager but have started having a website done as i am fed up with the knock backs!!! There is so many jobs here but you have to realise they work very different to us.

In what way? I'm hoping to find admin work when i come out, just hope someone will give me a break.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Bridie - it's not really easy to find decent work here. I am "over qualified" for the jobs I apply for so don't get them and then when you apply for the ones you are qualified for they don't want you as you have no Australian experience. I have even been told "We have men here who do this type of work"

Best of luck......

Admin work is available through temping agencies, but again it's a hit or a miss. Most people here who succeed in gaining satisfactory employment usually get their job through knowing someone here already. This is of course my opinion based on my experience here over the past year.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:53 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

My Daughters just moved over with her boyfriend, essex to Perth. She is looking to make friends asap, it makes like so much easier once youve got a social circle! anyway, shes 19 her boyfriend is 25, we live up in the Northern Suburbs....if anyone can help please pm her (danielle.xx) or me and i will pass it on.

Thanks in advance, they only arrived 3 weeks ago
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

nickallen1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

My Daughters just moved over with her boyfriend, essex to Perth. She is looking to make friends asap, it makes like so much easier once youve got a social circle! anyway, shes 19 her boyfriend is 25, we live up in the Northern Suburbs....if anyone can help please pm her (danielle.xx) or me and i will pass it on.

Thanks in advance, they only arrived 3 weeks ago
We should be there in about 8 weeks, if they're still looking for freinds i'll drop them a line, whats there impression of merriwa, looked into moving there but couldn't find any details.

Regards
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:23 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mary1967
Me and Dawn are still in the UK, but as soon as we get over there i'm sure we'll sort something out.

How long have you been in Oz and what's your occupation?
Yeh i'm definatley up for that. Just got to get there now!
Dawn x
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Remember to update your details on the link below.

Sarah.

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/perth.php

Last edited by mad.chef; Jul 30th 2008 at 12:54 am. Reason: wrong link posted
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:05 pm
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road

Ok just get in touch my email is [email protected] and please put expats in subject line as it might go in junk mail.

There are a few here wanting to get together so ..... We will lol...

Now i can give you all one very usefull piece of information for social aspect of life. Try to rent within walking distance from a trainstation.i did not realise how close i was to edgewater station but its brilliant . Easy and cheap to get to work and i can have drinks after work and still get home cheaply... it feels quite safe as night time they have guards on the trains so night life is much easier . Taxis are expensive and very difficult to get.

if you want my mobile just pm me as i donb t want to put on internet for the whole world to see.

catch you all later :-)

Linda
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Hi

Just thought it was about time I joined in this thread. Leaving the UK on the 9th Sept and will finally get to perth on the 8th Oct.

Will be stopping with family in Butler for the first few weeks while we find a rental. Not sure where we want to be but we are pretty open about where to live for the first 6 months to a year.

I want to work for myself, OH will hopefully pick up some work via his family as he will pretty much do whatever is going.

Kids (OH's) are coming out over Christmas with the in laws so its going to be one hell of a month. Hoping to join in with the meet ups and make some nice new friends.

Can't wait!!!!

Claire & Warren
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:26 am
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road

X mas on the beach will be good fun for the boys and the novelty will keep them busy. It is an amazing country for youngsters with the many activities going on here for kids. Once they join some clubs they will have loads of friends and that is how many paretns make lots of friends too . School is the hardest part but only for a week or two as lots of new children arrive all the time and they quickly adapt .

No worries as they say all will be good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.