Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi,

Not on the list as we are already here, but will probably tag along to the BBQ to meet some new faces.

Advice that I would give to those soon to depart sunny England would be, enjoy your last few weeks with your friends and family, I can remember thinking " oh we still have a few weeks left", but it comes around so quickly and I probably didn't get to spend as much time with some people as I would of liked to. Also get a book for people to sign, its nice to sit back and read once you are here.

Good luck to you all and see you soon.

Claire
Hi Claire,

Tag along by all means, it will be nice having people that are already settled to speak to. How long have you been over and how are you finding it?

Sarah.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by terrington-evans
Hi,

Just checking into this new Thread - As it's all taken a year feom start to finish and now I finish work next friday, Movers & hand over house keys to new owners the following Tuesday, 3 weeks with family and believe it or not this time next month we should be at our rental in Warnbro - Don't know if I'm starting to get excited or scared at this stage!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting every one when we all meet up.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Bet you are more excited than nervous. I wish we had gone earlier but we decided to have the summer here and spend more time letting the in-laws get used to the idea. Well regarding the summer here what a waste of time!

Our shippers are coming at the beginning of September and we are sending our stuff a month before we go. Still loads to do, planned to have loads of car boots but with the weather we think it will be the charity shop instead.

How did you decide on an area to settle? Have you been to it before?

Sarah
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:02 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi all,

tried to reply to some posts on here last night but computer was playing up!!

I have updated the list, we are now on page 3!

Dave(daveplumber), had you down as flying on 20th but you say you land on 20th??

Dave(dave99) I wonder if you could give us a bit more info, jobs ages & where you will be staying in Perth when you get there, but don't worry too much as it's not compulsory!

Here is the updated list:
Attached Files

Last edited by The_Effys; Jul 28th 2007 at 10:05 am.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Claire,

Tag along by all means, it will be nice having people that are already settled to speak to. How long have you been over and how are you finding it?

Sarah.
Hi Sarah,

We have been here for 16 months, have settled in Secret Harbour which is just lovely

The move over has been very uneventful (thankfully) and we have all settled in really well, not once have we had any doubts that we have made the right decision, of course for a start its difficult with missing people etc..but it really does get easier.

Oh and another piece of advice make sure you all bring some warm clothes, as it can get a bit chilly in the evenings through the winter.

Claire
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:45 am
Just Joined

terrington-evans is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Sarah,

we liked the look of the Rockingham area, particularly Port Kennedy from seeing the BBC program Wanted down Under. we didn't realise it was expat central! house prices seem very reasonable, plus some of the people Mark will be working with live there too.

will be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks, mum lives in Malvern. all the best, see you maybe soon.

Helen
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:42 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi James, thanks for your PM & details, have added them to the list below

All the best,

Chris

Attached Files

Last edited by The_Effys; Jul 28th 2007 at 8:49 pm. Reason: OK, think I uploaded right list now :o
Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Arrived in April - settling in nicely thanks
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,

Hope all going well with you lot......we are steaming ahead getting ready to leave UK on 24th August!! we are staying in Singapore for 3 nights and arrive in Perth on 28th....
Can't believe how much work is involved in going abroad.....it's never ending, just when you think you've told everybody about your move you discover there's another company you need to contact!! when will it end???
House sold and (hopefully) going through okay this time....don't think completion will be until after we've left but there's nothing we can do about that now. OH finishes work on Friday, can't wait cos I will then have some help with the packing up and entertaining of kids in the gloriously wonderful Welsh summer!!
We are going to be staying with a friend in Joondalup until we find the right schools then we'll house hunt for a rental in that area, we've got a cat and dog so I think rentals might be a bit awkward, but we will have to wait and see.
Best wishes to everyone and see you at the BIG BBQ!!.....

Pam x x
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pam0512
Hi Guys,

Hope all going well with you lot......we are steaming ahead getting ready to leave UK on 24th August!! we are staying in Singapore for 3 nights and arrive in Perth on 28th....
Can't believe how much work is involved in going abroad.....it's never ending, just when you think you've told everybody about your move you discover there's another company you need to contact!! when will it end???
House sold and (hopefully) going through okay this time....don't think completion will be until after we've left but there's nothing we can do about that now. OH finishes work on Friday, can't wait cos I will then have some help with the packing up and entertaining of kids in the gloriously wonderful Welsh summer!!
We are going to be staying with a friend in Joondalup until we find the right schools then we'll house hunt for a rental in that area, we've got a cat and dog so I think rentals might be a bit awkward, but we will have to wait and see.

Pam x x
Hi Pam,

I have adjusted your details on the list fro leaving and arrival date. We are going to Joondalup and can't wait to get there, keep us posted when you arrive on what it is like.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Hi Sarah,

Have you ever been to Joondalup?? We stayed near there when we visited last year and we went in to the BIG shopping complex but didn't really look around....getting excited now!!
Thanks for updating our details.
Pam x x
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:35 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by pam0512
Hi Guys,

Pam x x
Hi Pam,

Glad evrything is going ok, you land the same day as Mark & Helen(terrington-evans) I wonder if your last leg is the same flight?

Hi dave99, have updated your details also

Cheers,

Chris

Attached Files
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:10 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi all,

tried to reply to some posts on here last night but computer was playing up!!

I have updated the list, we are now on page 3!

Dave(daveplumber), had you down as flying on 20th but you say you land on 20th??

Dave(dave99) I wonder if you could give us a bit more info, jobs ages & where you will be staying in Perth when you get there, but don't worry too much as it's not compulsory!

Definitely arriving 20th Leaving uk 14th, thanks
Dave
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveplumber
Hi all our container left yesterday so 2 weeks time we are on our way after a break in singapore we will be arriving on the 20th August, we will be staying in Carramar for the first 6 weeks, Bobcats going to be picking us up as i see he is also in Carramar And as he was a plumber he can tell me the score on licensing:curse:
Dave
No worries............... you can have a loan of my oxy-acetylene plant too if you want.......... I hardly use it these days?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Pam,

I have adjusted your details on the list fro leaving and arrival date. We are going to Joondalup and can't wait to get there, keep us posted when you arrive on what it is like.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
hi,
i have pm'd you with our details
thanks
lisa

(wasnt sure who to pm as i see two of you are updating the list? hope its ok?)
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Amandajayne and Lolylew,

I have updated and added you to the list.

Sarah

HERE'S THE LIST:
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.