Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by Bobcat
It really is brass monkey weather at the moment. bbbbrrrr bbbbbrrr
Okay, so shorts and t-shirts are out then???? Ha Ha!!

Pam x x
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flowergal
You can add us to the list, arrived in Perth 31st May 07, and loving it.

Amanda
Are we eligible for the list............ or is it just for newbies?

Arrived Perth on my Jack Jones as a backpacker on March 26 1976

Arrived Perth with a family this time around on 7th February 1990 ......... and it is just bonza mate.......... bloody magic!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

I have had a few messages and have added everyone to the list. Let me know if any of the details are incorrect.

Flowergal, I have added you also but could do with some more info if possible.

The list is going to be massive by the time we all get there. Just think we will know probably more people than we do here!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Can't seem to open that one so I will try it again.

The list:
Attached Files
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

rustics will become famous soon enoughrustics will become famous soon enough

Hi folks,

Will be arriving in Perth sometime later this month....job lined up with the WA government and visa came though last week. Probably flying out with Emirates. The baggage allowance is a bit lean though, eh? Too bad as everything is so expensive in Oz. Planning to do without a car in the city, and take the bike and train everywhere.

cheers!

Rob
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Can't seem to open that one so I will try it again.

The list:
still trying
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Sarah & Dave,

Cheers for doing that

Ok, here is the Settling In Perth 2007/2008 List, this is the same list that was started by mad.chef here: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007 & was originally called 'Perth Bound - 2007'

Here's the List:
Hi
Can we be added to the list please?!

Mark (43) Plumber, Julie (43) Admin Officer, Aaron (17)

Hope to be Mandurah bound Sept 08
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mottie
Hi
Can we be added to the list please?!

Mark (43) Plumber, Julie (43) Admin Officer, Aaron (17)

Hope to be Mandurah bound Sept 08
Here's The List:
Attached Files
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have added about 5 new people to the list. I can't seem to open it once it is on the forum, can anyone else open it or is it just my computer?

Ler me know if possible.

Sarah
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have added about 5 new people to the list. I can't seem to open it once it is on the forum, can anyone else open it or is it just my computer?

Ler me know if possible.

Sarah
The list is accessible from post number 78. The only one who isn't on the list at the moment is Mottie. Still trying to sort it out.

Sarah.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have tried again and it still can only be opened from post 78. Mottie needs to be put on, maybe Chris will do it later if he logs on.

Sarah.
Attached Files
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

yes,
i had the same problem - i saved it onto my desktop then opened the document from there, and that seemed to work.

Just a suggestion? and you dont have to do it,
not sure if your interested (& dont want to but in, cus your doing a great job,) but i have noticed a list someone else is doing on general visa applications, & they're using www.freewebs.com, i've used them for my own site & its dead easy to set up, and then you wont have to keep uploading it all the time.
this is their web site
http://www.freewebs.com/britishexpats/index.htm

this is the link to start one of your own
http://newaccounts.freewebs.com/?ref...ree%20Accounts

thanks
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi lolylew,

That seems like a good idea, see what Chris says as he started the list and he can do it if he doesn't mind. I think if we keep on this way it will get too big and I am already having strange problems which we never have had before.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sarah.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Hi lolylew,

That seems like a good idea, see what Chris says as he started the list and he can do it if he doesn't mind. I think if we keep on this way it will get too big and I am already having strange problems which we never have had before.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sarah.

hi sarah,
glad you didn't mind me suggesting this - really didnt want to sound pushy or know it all (cus i really know nothing, especially when it comes to lists!)

thanks
lisa
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

All are welcome and if you want to be added to the list send me a message and I can add you. You must be a bit daunted doing this on your own? Do you know anyone out there?

Best of luck with your application.

Sarah

Did someone mention my name?
Im heading to Perth (or there abouts too once my wonderful little visa arrives). Ideally I would like to head out in November with my two cherubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.