Reload this Page >

Settlement support for new migrants in NSW

Settlement support for new migrants in NSW

Old Nov 27th 2010, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settlement support for new migrants in NSW

Originally Posted by Seasider
No, you were just downright rude, and overuse of exclamation marks doesn't make it any less so.

A lot of us are invisible expats coming from a culture/society very similar to the one we have come or are coming to, and even we post "stupid" questions. (Will my curtains fit? Shall I bring my lightbulbs? Will there be snakes in my 14th floor apartment in inner city Sydney?)

For others it's a very different story and even more daunting, and a good time for the rest of us to pay a little back for all the help we got from other BE posters when we were moving.
Never got any help... which is why I feel free to be rude as often as practical.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 9:21 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have a meet and greet and Teds when i arrive in Brisbane AND a meet and greet in Melbourne in march,but maybe im just special
Old Nov 27th 2010, 9:22 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DhakaBoy
Thanks Seasider and Wendy! Well, I guess I will put up a couple of more threads with questions!
You seem like a really nice person,you'll do ok mate,best of luck to you
Old Nov 27th 2010, 9:34 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I have a meet and greet and Teds when i arrive in Brisbane AND a meet and greet in Melbourne in march,but maybe im just special
Oh Bernie, you're very speshul
Old Nov 27th 2010, 9:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Oh Bernie, you're very speshul
Old Nov 28th 2010, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimandken
Not rude at all saying get off your ass!!!!! Every1 else has migrated off their own backs. He obviously has access to the Internet. Google has lot's of answers!!!!
Well I'm sorry but I disagree, I think you were rude. I guess that's just the way I was brought up though.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Never got any help... which is why I feel free to be rude as often as practical.
I have never asked for any help from the forum either, but that's no excuse to be rude to someone asking a genuine question. We all have doubts and anxieties at some point in the process, and I don't think it hurts to be helpful. I know that I was very grateful for all the help I got from my family when I got here, but I also know that not everyone is as lucky as me.

I was always told that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 12:55 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
I was always told that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
I would be giving Helen Keller a run for her money.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I would be giving Helen Keller a run for her money.

You said it
Old Nov 28th 2010, 1:03 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he's quite as mean as he'd like us to think, Wendy
Old Nov 28th 2010, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DhakaBoy
I was wondering if there is any kind of support available from any agencies to help new migrants settle smoothly in the state of NSW? Things that come to my mind include airport pick-up, temporary accommodation, finding rental, initial job search etc.
If you choose the SGP option, enter your postcode and click Find Centre this Settlement Services Locator page gives you a list of the community organisations providing settlement assistance in your area.

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus...where-to-help/

Some other general information is also available here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus...-in-australia/

Good luck.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

DhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud of

You seem like a really nice person,you'll do ok mate,best of luck to you
Thanks a lot Bernie Barfly.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

DhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fish.01
If you choose the SGP option, enter your postcode and click Find Centre this Settlement Services Locator page gives you a list of the community organisations providing settlement assistance in your area.

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus...where-to-help/

Some other general information is also available here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus...-in-australia/

Good luck.
Thanks for the useful links, fish.01. Regards.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:51 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

for rentals its best to get a short term let come over and get a feel for the suburbs of Sydney or towns around NSW they are very different in different areas so find one to suit you

realestate.com.au and domaine.com are the sites to use to look for rentals and will give you an idea of price and property available good luck
Old Nov 28th 2010, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asher
for rentals its best to get a short term let come over and get a feel for the suburbs of Sydney or towns around NSW they are very different in different areas so find one to suit you

realestate.com.au and domaine.com are the sites to use to look for rentals and will give you an idea of price and property available good luck
Thanks asher. Yes, I will go for some short term rental initially, before settling for a longer term accommodation. Since my background is in financial services, I guess initially I should be trying to find jobs in the CBD area where most of the financial institutions are located (please correct me if I am wrong). Perhaps living close to CBD will be a convenient option.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 12:57 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimandken
Oh cumon, get a grip. Blab bla bla
Rude and immature!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.