Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

On a serious note - skin cancer

On a serious note - skin cancer

Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:01 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On a serious note - skin cancer

Originally Posted by jad n rich
One of our kids mates is from Papua New Guinea, he has black/brown skin, proud to be brown as he puts it anyway he burns out in the sun in Aus. I didnt think dark people burned but they do, seen it, took about 2 hours round a pool and he was quite obviously burnt.

His mum laughs that I thought black people didnt burn.
So sorry you were embarassed by your ignorance.

A ghostly Pom pegged down for 2 hours under the noon day summer sun stands a good chance of needing hospitalization.

Mad dogs and all that.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:20 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
And as for aspartame - I just don't understand why it's legal to sell products containing this, given all the research that has been done which shows the effects on the human body There just isn't enough information getting through to the public is there?
I think Coke would not like that information being widely made known Diet Coke - 125mg of aspartame per 240ml. You have to dig long and hard to find that out.

For reference in Australia you do not have to say that something contains aspartame, you can just whack E951 in the ingredients somewhere. This is a decent list of Australian additive codes for anyone who is interested http://home.iprimus.com.au/foo7/additives2.html
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Out of interest what does the 'mapping' cost if you dont have private health insurance?
Hi.
I didn't get my body mapped but had a full body check and it cost me $60. I then got $37 back from Medicare. I went to Gemini in Rockingham, behind Bunnings.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:51 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Vitamin-D-Dodgers
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
I would really appreciate any info you can get on the natural sunscreens - looks like it's going to be expensive for the four of us.
Try searching for this product:-
Soleo Organics Natural Sunscreen SPF 30+
This is a good sunscreen but there appears to be quite a choice via the net in Australia.
Currently peeing down outside so no need for sunscreen at the moment.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Thanks for that - good to know
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

And Invisible ZInc is said to be a good one...not sure as I have not read the ingrediaents but don't Miessence do one as well? Both Aussie brands....