Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

seperate NZ & OZ forums?

seperate NZ & OZ forums?

Old Jan 19th 2004, 3:18 am
Just Joined

auxwuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default seperate NZ & OZ forums?

Do people think it would be a better idea to have a seperate forum- one for OZ and one for NZ...?

Or do people think that it's helpful to keep the countries together in one BIG forum...?

Comments please.

Old Jan 19th 2004, 3:32 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: seperate NZ & OZ forums?

Originally posted by auxwuff
Do people think it would be a better idea to have a seperate forum- one for OZ and one for NZ...?

Or do people think that it's helpful to keep the countries together in one BIG forum...?

Comments please.

It would cut out some of the trans ditch rivalry that is prevalent here and adds spice to the forum.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 3:41 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by auxwuff

Comments please.

It was separate in the past, around about the time when I first joined up I seem to recall. I remember the NZealnder posters wanted the two combined. - the conclusion was they preferred to join the two together.

cheers
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:37 am
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

can we not have them setup so that although they are together, they can be separated by a reader.

eg have a tab when you start a thread for oz or kiwi, which is compulsory on starting. All posted threads are in the forum, however a simple operation would allow you to view only oz or only nz, or both?

perhaps?

I do know how it feels to have to wade thru a huge wadge of oz postings for one or two nz. especially as they are such different countries .
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:58 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

I like this site just as it is. Always seems to be something going on. Why not try http://www.*****.co.uk its just for New Zealand.

Jack
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

BulletproofMonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default seperate NZ & OZ forums?

Having a seperate forum for each country would be a huge benefit, especially as both countries are so very different.

Many people use these forums to find first-hand information in helping them decide if their dream of starting a new life in a faraway country is right for them.

The most likely people to emigrate to NZ are Brits as the climate is similar, they drive on the left and their primary language is English.

Likewise, the UK is the most likely destination for Kiwi's with wunderlust, specifically - London.

The forum is an exchange of information between both groups and would benefit from OZ having a seperate forum.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:46 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I agree with Jack ( I shudder to admit) - the reason I post on here more than to the ***** forum is that this one is busier and more dynamic - the NZ forum is great for specific advice but it can take a day or two to get a single answer.

Also a lot of the experiences of migrating are similar wherever you go and there is a bigger support network with the two together.

I would never have met wbb, bundy, Pollyanna, Hevs ........ the list is endless - all people in or going to Oz that I enjoy reading their posts, hearing about their experieneces, learning from and hopefully doing a reciprocal job.

We are all down under - we need to stick together! ( Also I am planning a trip to Oz at some point and need places to stay )
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:12 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you agree Pollster
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:00 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

NZ-bound are only few in number and appreciate the help and laughs you Aussie-bound and Aussie-based provide.

Let's all dance and sing karaoke, tonight I'm like one of our Chinese brethren who's had too much beer (1).
Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

Karaoke is Japanese...
Old Mar 30th 2004, 3:45 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WheelsOfSteel
Karaoke is Japanese...
Mixed metaphor? It's the Chinese who fall over after 1 beer, admittedly the Japanese invented karaoke but probably the Chinese like it too...?
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:53 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
It would cut out some of the trans ditch rivalry that is prevalent here and adds spice to the forum.

Well there gonna be remote and isolated enough in NZ. We don't want to isolate them anymore .
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:33 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I like this forum just the way it is, I use ***** too but I like this forum cos it is busier and there is always something different to read. The migrating part is just the same from nz or oz you go through the same emotions and stress of leaving family.