Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commonwealth Bank Migrant presentation

Commonwealth Bank Migrant presentation

Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:11 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Commonwealth Bank Migrant presentation

Has anyone been to one of the CBA Migrant Banking presentations in London?

Was it worthwhile or a waste of a journey?

I don't want to haul *ss up to London just to get the same information that comes off their website, but I would like to be able to put pertinent qusetions to them.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 11:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commonwealth Bank Migrant presentation

Originally posted by Rog Williams

I don't want to haul *ss up to London just to get the same information that comes off their website, but I would like to be able to put pertinent qusetions to them.
I wouldn't waste your time with them.

They're rip off merchants
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Rog,

We recently arrived in Oz and we opened an account with them before we came over, first class service before we came, on arrival, we went to the Brisbane branch to activate our account, they were also excellent here, arranged visa cards without even filling in a form, arranged a competitive car insurance quote, which was good, we have found them brilliant so far!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

What like, "why do you charge for banking when i can get it free, down the rooad, from HSBC?"
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:26 am
Phoenixuk2oz

I've been

CBA provided a carrier bag with lots of info in, although non of it mind blowing i.e most info been given/found on this site

On a positive note........there was someone from CBA to answer questions if you had any

Enjoy!

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:28 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>CBA provided a carrier bag with lots of info in, although non of it mind blowing i.e most info been given/found on this site <<

I suppose a free carrier bag counts as a plus then!

Seriously, thanks for the replies. Evryone seems to have had different experiences of CBA - more than most companies.

I think I've heard that they waive fees if you keep a deposit with them? the figure of $20k comes to mind?
Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

As an old Ozzie, I had my bank account with CBA for about ten years, then I got sick to death of them and moved to a Credit Union! Its a good place to start, but I would never reccommend to stay with them.... Credit Unions are much more customer friendly in Oz - and lots to choose from, lots of competition keeping the Bast&^*s fair!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:00 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've heard that they waive fees if you keep a deposit with them? the figure of $20k comes to mind?
hmmm, that sounds like a fair deal then
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:01 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

>>CBA provided a carrier bag with lots of info in, although non of it mind blowing i.e most info been given/found on this site <<

I suppose a free carrier bag counts as a plus then!

Seriously, thanks for the replies. Evryone seems to have had different experiences of CBA - more than most companies.

Yes but think of the money you could be making by putting that money elsewhere. That 20k could be earning you $1000 a year in interest in INGdirect. With a 1 year comm *ank term deposit you could earn $550 interest. That means you are losing $450.

They are a con.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:46 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by bondipom
Yes but think of the money you could be making by putting that money elsewhere. That 20k could be earning you $1000 a year in interest in INGdirect. With a 1 year comm *ank term deposit you could earn $550 interest. That means you are losing $450.

They are a con.
Coincidentally they have just rung to fix the date for a presentation next week: they say they are paying 5.7% on term deposit which compares favourably with ING.

Take the point though.

Might try them to get set up and then shop around.