Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Senior Network Engineer Brisbane

Senior Network Engineer Brisbane

Old May 6th 2013, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Senior Network Engineer Brisbane

Hi folks, looking for any Cisco engineers in a senior role already established in Brisbane or thereabouts, to get a bit of advice from.

Seems to be jobs available but little in the way of salary info.

I have my visa sorted out and potentially might retain employment with my current company, they have offices in Asia and my boss is in Asia (i am in the UK) so i could potentially switch to Asia timezone and work from home while in Aus.

Question is, will my salary cut the mustard, i'm not too sure it will to be honest. I am on 47K here in the UK, about 71K aud.

would appreciate some insight
Old May 6th 2013, 9:09 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Senior Network Engineer Brisbane

Hi, can't help with the job part but 47K GBP is a LOT more in terms of spending power than $71K. If you are a Senior Network Engineer then that seems low.

You could survive on it but you certainly wouldn't be living the high life!

Hope someone can help with the salary questions soon.
Old May 7th 2013, 12:54 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

If you currently live on 47k pounds you will need to earn about AU$120000 to maintain the same standard of living.

BB
Old May 7th 2013, 5:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I've always found the Hays IT Salary survey pretty accurate.

For Brisbane it quotes (all EXCLUDING super):

Network Designer - Typical $75k in a range $60-90k
Network Architect - Typical $110k in a range $80-120k
Data/Voice Engineer - Typical $100k in a range $90-140k
Telco Engineer - Typical $75k in a range $70-85k
WAN Engineer - Typical $75k in a range $55-90k

I don't know which, if any of these, most closely maps to Cisco Senior Network Engineer? Architect maybe.

A few of these are listed as having appreciably higher salaries in Melbourne and Sydney.

Last edited by bcworld; May 7th 2013 at 5:50 am.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for the replies folks, as expected.

I am using seek to look for jobs, pretty much every position does not list a salary, at least for my line of work, is that the norm?
Old May 7th 2013, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
thanks for the replies folks, as expected.

I am using seek to look for jobs, pretty much every position does not list a salary, at least for my line of work, is that the norm?
It certainly is in Sydney, sometime contract daily rates are shown but that's it. I tend to use the salary filters in Seek to whittle things down.