Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sending stuff by plane

Sending stuff by plane

Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:04 am
Coogee Rocks

Default Sending stuff by plane

I have had a search but not sure what to think.

I have say 3 or 4 boxs (tea chest size) of stuff in the UK I would like to get over here (Sydney) but I dont want to wait 3 months plus.

Any ideas on est costs and places to look at on the web the fly stuff over?

Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:07 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: Sending stuff by plane

Originally Posted by Coogee Rocks

I have say 3 or 4 boxs (tea chest size) of stuff in the UK I would like to get over here (Sydney) but I dont want to wait 3 months plus.

we paid 178quid for 40kilos to be sent on the plane (same flight number just following day from when we left)

for the life of me i can't remember the name of the company .. i'll try and find it when i get home tonight
Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:17 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Try the excess baggage company. We bought about a 20kg box over for a reasonable price. Will try to dig out the price. Wasn't over 200 quid though!
www.excessbaggage.co.uk
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:36 am
Debs M

dhw210770 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sending stuff by plane

We sent 100kg with Excess Baggage at Gatwick Airport. It costs us £535 which included insurance, handling fees etc. It took a week to get here and then we had to customs & quarantine clearance fee of $130.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:03 pm
Coogee Rocks

thanks for your replies..given that I am already in Aus 600 odd pounds is damm expensive sounds like I will have to wait for the boat!

Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Qantas's freight department. A friend moved most of his stuff this way - was only a little more expensive than shipping.