Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sending Medical Results < problem> !

Sending Medical Results < problem> !

Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:05 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sending Medical Results < problem> !

Had meds back yesterday....

But

booked in with DHL, they are coming monday but !!!!!!

They have this policy all post must be inspected , including CONTENTS !! by the driver !!!

So how do we get round the fact he cannot open our medical envelopes !!!!

Any suggestions
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Re: Sending Medical Results < problem> !

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

But

They have this policy all post must be inspected , including CONTENTS !! by the driver !!!

Any suggestions
Can't you cancel and go with UPS or simply tell DHL to keep their hands off!

I think it's usually down to the driver, so if you explain I'm sure he will understand.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:42 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Majj
Can't you cancel and go with UPS or simply tell DHL to keep their hands off!

I think it's usually down to the driver, so if you explain I'm sure he will understand.

<likes dhl they are superb, and yes will havta ask the driver fingers crossed !
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

But

Any suggestions

We are actually getting the doctors to post them. They are charging us but we know the onus is on them now.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 3:03 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

<likes dhl they are superb, and yes will havta ask the driver fingers crossed !
wouldnt just rely on the driver they may not want to make that decision.Ring DHL office and explain to them.Surely they would have dealt with tons of medicals being sent to ASPC and know the score.Probably they will then tell driver to accept the contents without having to open
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:59 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

We sent ours DHL - took them to the depot, explained the papers were for emigration and that the sealed med reports could only be opened by DIMIA - no problems.

Just saw the papers were just that and sealed them in their standard plastic envelope. I'm sure their driver will do the same for yours.

It arrived at DIMIA 1st June & on that day they took the fee from our Mastercard account!!

Waiting....................
Old Jun 6th 2004, 7:09 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

But

Any suggestions
..Don't panic Timb,

DHL are fine. They don't inspect contents it just has to be open or you just place it inside the bag.

I fashioned an envelope from brown paper and left one side open - that was fine.

Old Jun 6th 2004, 8:53 am
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dicko
We are actually getting the doctors to post them. They are charging us but we know the onus is on them now.
I must admit I thought it was now compulsory for the doctors to send your medicals off, our case officer told us this?

Lisa
Old Jun 6th 2004, 11:41 am
Banned

Originally posted by pete n lisa
I must admit I thought it was now compulsory for the doctors to send your medicals off, our case officer told us this?

Lisa

No docs send the medicals VIA royal FAIL ! You can request that you wish to post the results yourself.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:18 pm
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point

No docs send the medicals VIA royal FAIL ! You can request that you wish to post the results yourself.

I am sure that the Docs send it recorded or special, they did ours and were received the next day. You can request the tracking number and track it on www.royalmail.com if that helps.....

Good Luck you'll be here soon............
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:21 pm
Banned

Originally posted by clevs
I am sure that the Docs send it recorded or special, they did ours and were received the next day. You can request the tracking number and track it on www.royalmail.com if that helps.....

Good Luck you'll be here soon............

Yeah we did a thread ages ago based on Royal Fail and the International Signed for service, and to be honest its aggregate performance STINKS !!

Hence we use DHL now. Okies its expensive but Completely Trackable online ! And insurance guarantees