Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sending documents to Oz

Sending documents to Oz

Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

mutang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending documents to Oz

Hi all , i've got to the stage where i need to send my docs to Oz . How have you sent them ? Royal Mail or courier ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks ,

Jim
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:34 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending documents to Oz

Originally Posted by mutang
Hi all , i've got to the stage where i need to send my docs to Oz . How have you sent them ? Royal Mail or courier ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks ,

Jim
What kind of documents? I would take most documents with me in my cabin luggage and copies in a suitcase. And remember: Locks on ALL your luggage please. too many sly crims out there to be complacent thesedays!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:36 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ,

Jim
If youn need to send documents to people in OZ for employment or otherwise I would only send them copies and tell them they can sight the originals upon your arrival. NEVER send originals to anyone!! You have to replace them out of your own pocket if they go missing!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

I need to send my certified documents for my TRA application to my agent. I see some people use various couriers for tracking purposes , i was just wondering on the best form of delivery people have found (and the cost)...
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:47 am
Banned

I need to send my certified documents for my TRA application to my agent. I see some people use various couriers for tracking purposes , i was just wondering on the best form of delivery people have found (and the cost)...
Take you originals to a place that can certify them; ie they sight your originals and certify that the copies are of the original document
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

I have already had my docs certified , i am not sending the originals . I'm just after some info on what other people use for safe posting docs to Oz.....
Old Mar 26th 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Thanks ,

Jim
Use DHL, you can track them all the way to signature. DO NOT USE ROYAL MAIL. Their "international sugned for", is not signed for once it leaves the UK....no point at all. It will cost you a bit more (we paid £35 to courier skills assessment docs to Oz). Arrived two days later, complete peace of mind.

Good luck with TRA.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 12:25 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

I second what sonictigger says. I sent some non visa related stuff via Royal Mail and it disappeared for nearly a week and a half. Eventually located at Hethrow processing departure and they didnt even apologise.

Used DHL for my TRA and visa forms, as above trackable and arrived in under 48 hours. Just make sure you get the address exactly right, the Aussie end won't deliver to box numbers and are very pedantic about delivering exactly where it is addressed to and nowhere else.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:19 pm
Banned

I have already had my docs certified , i am not sending the originals . I'm just after some info on what other people use for safe posting docs to Oz.....
Cool. Glad to hear you hanging on to your originals.