Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

selling my car in victoria?

selling my car in victoria?

Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default selling my car in victoria?

Hi there i am traveling around oz backpacking and have been here about 8 months now and will probably have another 1 or 2 months here before going home early.

I have a car and just recently purchased rego and it could not be any less than 12 months, i know i can cash that in when i am done but im being told its much better to leave it with car as the car will sell better.

Problem is can i sell the car (as is) and cash in my rego?

Reason i ask is when you sell a car in victoria you need to get a road worthy before it can be passed on to someone else and as i have been traveling around oz with it im sure its going to need stuff done to it.

Is it possible to have a road worthy but not go ahead and get what it needs or when you get a road worthy it is required for the owner to get these items done there and then.

As if i found it did not need much then fine but if it needs heaps done i would rather not spend anymore on the car.

I purchased the car for $2000 8/9 months ago and its been around oz and sounds good to me etc and i would be willing to let it go for $1000 without plates or $1400 with plates but as said the last thing i want to do is spend any money on it when its going to be sold.

Please give some info on this as in the next 2 months or so i will need to sell it asap and hoping to get most of my money back on it well at least half anyway, what are my chances, whats best?

Let me know i need some advise on selling a car in victoria and the best way to do it.