Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling house and neighbours decide to build conservatory!!

Selling house and neighbours decide to build conservatory!!

Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:47 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling house and neighbours decide to build conservatory!!

Originally Posted by jacknat
you little liar
OK I did feel like shite and was in a stinking mood all day!!!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:48 pm

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paylia
Here's some Karma for selling houses, tolerating conservatories and successful redundancy!

Thanks!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
OK I did feel like shite and was in a stinking mood all day!!!
proper gal

GOOD LUCK

steve
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:53 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm flamin gutted!

Our house has just gone on the market and when I got home work work yesterday hubby casually mentions 'next door are getting a conservatory fitted!!'. Bloody hell thats all we need while we are trying to sell! This means building work while we're having viewings (sorry 'IF' we're having viewings!), losing a lot of sun in the garden, plus the garden looking even smaller than it already is!! Shit shit shit!! (sorry!)

Please wish us luck guys - sounds like we're gonna need it!
Don't they have to get planning permission if you're going to be losing sunlight from your garden? Or indeed, anyway?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Don't they have to get planning permission if you're going to be losing sunlight from your garden? Or indeed, anyway?
I'm not sure to be honest but another friend on here as just mailed me to say the same.

I do get on well with them but this just isn't the ideal time really. As others have said though it could hi-light the potential in our property!!

"Always look on the bright side of life, da da, da da, da da, da da"!!!!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

no not always, but very complex!!!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:05 pm

I'm not sure to be honest but another friend on here as just mailed me to say the same.

I do get on well with them but this just isn't the ideal time really. As others have said though it could hi-light the potential in our property!!

"Always look on the bright side of life, da da, da da, da da, da da"!!!!
KWYM - you could do without the hassle though. Sending some K for you. Good luck - hope it sells quickly for you.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:31 pm

Well we found out today that hubby got voluntary redundancy!! YES!!!

We've also just had a call from the Estate Agents with our first viewing tomorrow!

Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:12 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

No...I had a conservatory put on my house and as long as its smaller than a certain % of the house and i think that % is 50%(dont quote me thou) and the top half is glass or of a see through nature you dont need permission. From the council planning at least...From the original builders of the house its a different matter...as Im now finding out...It is apparently in my deeds that I should have had permission from them to put it up...but god knows why...Only found that out since finding a buyer and I cant say I took that part of my deeds in when I bought the house 10 years ago...ooops
Old Aug 5th 2005, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by peppi
No...I had a conservatory put on my house and as long as its smaller than a certain % of the house and i think that % is 50%(dont quote me thou) and the top half is glass or of a see through nature you dont need permission. From the council planning at least...From the original builders of the house its a different matter...as Im now finding out...It is apparently in my deeds that I should have had permission from them to put it up...but god knows why...Only found that out since finding a buyer and I cant say I took that part of my deeds in when I bought the house 10 years ago...ooops

Ah, thank you Peppi. Illumination - if you'll pardon the pun... That makes sense - I think!
Old Aug 5th 2005, 10:03 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations on the redundancy!!!
good luck with the viewing tomorrow!!

michelle
Old Aug 5th 2005, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Well we found out today that hubby got voluntary redundancy!! YES!!!

We've also just had a call from the Estate Agents with our first viewing tomorrow!

Congrats on both counts - maybe another celebration tomorrow?

Last edited by Paylia; Aug 5th 2005 at 10:26 pm. Reason: spelling