Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling an Australian business

Selling an Australian business

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:51 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Selling an Australian business

Help needed please on this one. Friends of ours, who own a cafe/restaurant, wish to sell it, after having owned it for a few years and meeting the requirements of their business visa. They have been told that many people from South Africa and several parts of Asia, are looking to buy ventures such as this, to help themselves attain a business visa. Does anyone know of any helpful websites/companies that would be able to aid them with this sale. Or perhaps there are South African newspapers where adverts could be placed to advertise the business. Then again there are probably hundreds of ways of selling a business, but as we are all English, none of us have the knowledge or contacts to be able to sort this out at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:29 am
Just Joined

hank is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Selling an Australian business

Hi
This is an interesting question,I am also in a similar position ( I have two florists on the sunshine coast) and am now hopefully approaching permanent status.Although I have enjoyed the business I am very keen to join the police as time is slipping away (36 years old!!!!).

I was recomended to advertise in the www.daily-news.co.za by a Zimbawee college but I also intend to seek advise from a newly arrived Southafrican doctor.There seems to be a great number of south Africans coming over looking for visa qualifying businesses.

Having said all that the domestic business sales still looks pretty strong I will probably make that my first port of call.

let me know how you get on

regards

Hank
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:42 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Selling an Australian business

Thanks for the reply Hank, I will certainly visit that website. If anyone else has any advice, it would be really appreciated.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hank
Hi
This is an interesting question,I am also in a similar position ( I have two florists on the sunshine coast) and am now hopefully approaching permanent status.Although I have enjoyed the business I am very keen to join the police as time is slipping away (36 years old!!!!).

I was recomended to advertise in the www.daily-news.co.za by a Zimbawee college but I also intend to seek advise from a newly arrived Southafrican doctor.There seems to be a great number of south Africans coming over looking for visa qualifying businesses.

Having said all that the domestic business sales still looks pretty strong I will probably make that my first port of call.

let me know how you get on

regards

Hank
Hi,

What are the accounts for this business ?

We are looking into buying a business and a florist is something my wife would enjoy. We don't need it for visa purposes as we already have PR visas under skilled class 136.

I'd be interested to hear from you with details of turnover, profit, years in business, lease details, etc...

Looking forward to hearing from you !

Philip
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Help needed please on this one. Friends of ours, who own a cafe/restaurant, wish to sell it, after having owned it for a few years and meeting the requirements of their business visa.
I am going through the application process right now and would be interested to hear how things went for your friends.

I am going on the Territory Sponsored Business Visa and I'm hoping to buy an up and running business and then expand on it.

I'd love to hear of others who have gone this route, how they coped with meeting the criteria and if they got the prized PR at the end of it.

If there is another site or thread that covers other peoples' experiences with the Business Visa route then I would be grateful for a link.

Thanks.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:41 pm
Karma earned, not whored

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
I am going through the application process right now and would be interested to hear how things went for your friends.

I am going on the Territory Sponsored Business Visa and I'm hoping to buy an up and running business and then expand on it.

I'd love to hear of others who have gone this route, how they coped with meeting the criteria and if they got the prized PR at the end of it.

If there is another site or thread that covers other peoples' experiences with the Business Visa route then I would be grateful for a link.

Thanks.
Thanks for your interest, hopefully more people will come on here today and give us the benefit of their experience.