Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Member says Hi!

New Member says Hi!

Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:51 pm
maz&christy

Thumbs up New Member says Hi!

Hi guys, been greedily taking as much info from this forum for the last few weeks, so decided to brave it and say hi - HI My boyfriend and I are hoping to be in Sydney this year and the sooner the better! Just got letter from NIA re skills assessment so from what I can gather my agony is just beginning.....

Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Member says Hi!

Originally Posted by maz&christy
Hi guys, been greedily taking as much info from this forum for the last few weeks, so decided to brave it and say hi - HI My boyfriend and I are hoping to be in Sydney this year and the sooner the better! Just got letter from NIA re skills assessment so from what I can gather my agony is just beginning.....
Hi Maz & Christy
Welcome to the forum - you'll find plenty of useful (and not so useful - but usually amusing!) info on this site.
Hope your process is not too stressful
Nibblo
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Maz & Christy
Welcome to the forum. Dont forget to use the immigration site for lots of other info whilst you await your visa.
Good to have you on board.
Irene
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:04 pm
maz&christy

hi guys - thanks for the welcome. I have been scanning every website possible and believe it or not have got most docs etc organised already!!! Had a good laugh already at some of the posts on the forum - although my work probably don't think its funny seen as I have done no work for at least two wks

Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:24 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Folks

Welcome to the forum.......I was originally from South of Glasgow...been in Oz 7 months now its fab!!!!

Good Luck with visa's
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:29 pm
maz&christy

Originally Posted by biggy
Hiya Folks

Welcome to the forum.......I was originally from South of Glasgow...been in Oz 7 months now its fab!!!!

Good Luck with visa's
Hi biggy, thanks for that - can't wait till I can say that! did it take you long to get your visa??? we are applying skilled ind 136 and everyone's application time is so different! I'm only a few weeks in and I am demented

Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:39 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi biggy, thanks for that - can't wait till I can say that! did it take you long to get your visa??? we are applying skilled ind 136 and everyone's application time is so different! I'm only a few weeks in and I am demented
we came on skilled designated area sponsored 139.....from them receiving our application to visa being granted took just under 6 months but we held it up by about a month as we had hassles with the meds!!!

Are you doing it alone or using an agent?

You will be well dememted by the time u got ur visa and sold ur hoose etc......but worth it once u settle here

H
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:49 pm
Sharon

sharon ann is on a distinguished road

Hi there Maz & Christy (and everyone else) Just like you we have been getting loads of info from this site and having a laugh at some of the comments!! Also just like you we have decided to be brave and stop "evesdropping" on the forum- this is partly because I wanted to use an avatar but I'm not sure how to do it yet!! My daughter was supposed to be doing it but hasn't found the time yet!!

So here goes- our story so far we have been granted our visa just before Christmas and were given 2 dates. The first was before April 11th (our childrens passports run out after this) the 2nd 30th September. We opted for this as we didn't think we would sell our house etc. before April also our daughter was supposed to be taking GCSE'S in June/July.
However, our daughter has decided she's not taking her exams and within a week of putting our house up for sale we have accepted an offer on it. So much for planning -anyway we are hoping to now leave Birmingham for Brisbane in April/May. Sharon, Michael, Mickie 17 almost, Demie 16 almost, Finn 6almost, Evie Rose 4 xx
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys and welcome to the forum, hope you get lots of help and advice and above all, support. Ive made some really great friends on this forum, hope you get the same.
all the best with your process.
Trish
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Hi Guys welcome to the forum Like many others I have made siome great friends here many of whom have supported us through the last couple of months that have been really stressful but now the real stress has started House on the market !!!!!!!!!!Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

so will i t go or will it stay

dont care it can do what it likes cos I am going anyway
Sharon how do your eldest 2 feel about going my 17 year old thinks her life is ending !!
where abouts in Brisbane are you headed ?? and please try and send some house selling good luck vibes

enjoy the form one and all love Mary and Stu
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:19 am
maz&christy

Originally Posted by biggy
we came on skilled designated area sponsored 139.....from them receiving our application to visa being granted took just under 6 months but we held it up by about a month as we had hassles with the meds!!!

Are you doing it alone or using an agent?

You will be well dememted by the time u got ur visa and sold ur hoose etc......but worth it once u settle here

H
That wasn't too bad 6mths - I just can't wait to be able to say that we are off to Oz
No agent - decided to brave it on our own. Some of the fees being quoted by others were ridiculous and the hassle they were getting just didn't seem worth the stress - it's stressful enough! I have read and re-read every booklet and form that the DIMIA recommend and have all but filled out the application form and obtained the necessary dosc even though I am still waiting on skills assess result. My motto - you can't be too well prepared!

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:26 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Hi and welcome to the mad house! If you think work won't be impressed now, wait until the real addiction to this forum kicks in. Just hope they're understanding!!!!!
My wife has even threatend to lock the computer to stop me. Thing is though I'm the computer wizz in the family!!

Good luck.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:31 pm
Sharon

Hi there Mary & Stu I've sent you loads of good vibes-your house should sell soon (lol)

My sis has just moved to The Gap (North Bris - I think) so we're heading that way, initially.

Yes like you my 16 & 17 yr old thinks their lives have ended too!! My 17 yr old has now given the idea some consideration and said she knows she got to go so she's just getting on with it. My 16 yr old is a different matter I'm not sure even now if she's plotting some little plan to escape before the big day :scared: I'm dealing with her day by day I don't know what else to do. It is a real worry as if nothing else is

Where are you heading? I'm sorry if you did say but it is tea time & I'm multi tasking (very badly of course)!!

sharon
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:23 pm
Sharon

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Hi and welcome to the mad house! If you think work won't be impressed now, wait until the real addiction to this forum kicks in. Just hope they're understanding!!!!!
My wife has even threatend to lock the computer to stop me. Thing is though I'm the computer wizz in the family!!

Good luck.
Hi and yes I can see how addictive it could be!! That is if I can fight my daughters of msn of course!

Wish I was a computer wizz more like Special Educational Needs level - and thats showing progression

Sharon
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:38 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the madhouse.

You will find a range of helpful and informative people on here.

Best of luck with your application.

Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.