sell or rent

Old Sep 17th 2002, 8:49 am
Just Joined

nardosabraham is an unknown quantity at this point
Question sell or rent

Has any one thought about renting their property whilst taking residency in OZ??? Any one experienced or heard of doing this sort of thing???? Leaving the property with Managed letting agents and living abroad???? Every one seems to be selling and getting out.

Thanks

Nods
Old Sep 17th 2002, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Jo101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sell or rent

Originally posted by nardosabraham:
Has any one thought about renting their property whilst taking residency in OZ??? Any one experienced or heard of doing this sort of thing???? Leaving the property with Managed letting agents and living abroad???? Every one seems to be selling and getting out.

Thanks

Nods
Hi Nods,

We're just about to go out for 3 years on a 457 visa so we've decided to rent our house throgh a management agency. With the rent that the tennents pay it will cover our mortgage, management fees and maintenance!

It seems to be the best option if you are planning to come back, however if we were going permenantly I wouldn't think twice about selling as the housing market is currently at a high and prices will soon drop (according to an estate agent friend of mine) and the exchange rate is also good!!

At the end of the day it is a very personal decision - good luck in whatever you decide!

Jo
Old Sep 17th 2002, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: sell or rent

Based on experiences friends have had with renting I would think really hard about it!! You are okay if you get some good tenants, but all you need is some bad apples who could trash the place...leaving you to pick up the tab.

Sorry to be negative, but be careful if you rent.