Sell or not...

Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sell or not...

Hi

Just a thought :

We were told we would more than likely sell our lovely house within TWO weeks - 3 months on - we have only had 4 viewers and no offers!

So be warned - better to have to rent for a while than be on the verge of going and still not able to sell your house!

Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
You really are close to me then. What is your time line on moving. Family moving with you.
Long saga......
Hubby is in the Navy - not due out til Nov 2005 and not willing to put his notice in as he'll lose too much in pension. But we had to submit our application in March this year as his 45th birthday was imminent! However we're in the unusual position of wanting DIMIA to drag out our application as apparently they want to see his Navy discharge papers before they'll grant a visa. Obviously we won't have those until Nov 2005. Our agent seems confident he can ask them to put our application on hold for a while.....

We have one son aged 9.

Not sure where we want to go to in Aus. Adelaide is current favourite but depends on whether we can get jobs. Would like to be going out early 2006 if poss but we will have to put up the $100k bond first. Hopefully looking at selling the house spring next year and will move into a Navy quarter or private rented until we go....
Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

We're hoping for Brisbane too... do you have any idea which district you want to settle in?

I think selling seems to be the less stressful option, lets hope the market levels in case we want to come back!!

Do you have any children going with you?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Great advice... thanks
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:23 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

We are in the fortunate position of having two properties, one is sold the other is mortgage free and rented out.
So we have a kind of safety net if things do not work out.

However, if we did not have the other property and were dependant on the rent to pay mortgage etc my advice would be sell up, as it would be more stress than you need trying to keep things going both sides of the world.

Good Luck

PJ
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:47 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJJHM
We're hoping for Brisbane too... do you have any idea which district you want to settle in?

I think selling seems to be the less stressful option, lets hope the market levels in case we want to come back!!

Do you have any children going with you?
2 Children, 5yr old Boy, 7 yr old Girl. Not picked anywhere in Brisbane yet, been looking closely at property websites . I reckon we'll be quite close to cbd , need to be close to work in CBD where my company's brissie office is - hoping to get a job with them.

Our main priority is get somewhere close to the shcool we want and settle - so that we dont have to move the kids again and they are near friends from the school. But dont really want to be commuting for 40minutes each way in/out of brisbane each morning cos it kinda defeats part of hte object of relocating.