Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Self packing for shipping stuff.......

Self packing for shipping stuff.......

Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all
Default Self packing for shipping stuff.......

Has any one done this themselves?

Good prices on ebay for boxes and bubble wrap and so forth.

Dont mind the packing myself and unpacking but is it really worth the bother how much can you save?

Every penny counts as dont have a house to sell for back up money

And the bloody dog is gonna cost a small fortune

Thanks

Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Flapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Self packing for shipping stuff.......

Originally Posted by mum01753

Dont mind the packing myself and unpacking but is it really worth the bother how much can you save?

Thanks

Hi, i asked the same question recently in order to save time, but the shipping company need to see whats been packed, mostly as they take on the responsibility for whats in the container when it arrives (customs). This is to stop people hiding dodgy stuff amongst their possessions!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mum01753

Thanks

Hi

We packed everything ourselves and just had to have an inventory list of what was in each box/crate & had no problems. made sure everything was clean, well garden stuff and boots.

I had a company here in Oz (I"m heading back) telling me they had to pack, they meant they wanted to as its better $$$$ for them. But you can self pack.
We got boxes from wherever, bubble and a few t-chests and that was it.
Does save money.
Good luck
x
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

if you are only taking tea chests then 7 seas provides them and some bubble wrap free of charge... any you dont use you have to return and there is a deposit in case you take the boxes and run, but that is taken off of the invoice total...