Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Second submission - is this enough - can someone please check?!

Second submission - is this enough - can someone please check?!

Old May 5th 2004, 11:01 am
Bite my shiny metal ass!

treefrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Second submission - is this enough - can someone please check?!

Hi Michelle,

I'm in the same boat as you, in fact I submitted my application 1 day before you according to austimeline. I recieved a letter a few days later asking for more information, the most worring part of the letter was that it stated that I had not included enough evidence that I have been in a relationship with my wife for at least 2 years. I just sent a sample of the letters and bills that we have recieved in the last 2 years that we have been living together but it seems that that was not enough! We have now got a lot more stuff togeter including my 'death in service' form from work which states that my wife be the benifitiary, car insurance certificates that has my wifes name included, photocopies of both our credit cards which are the same account, all the bills I could find with my wifes name and our address on and ALL the bank statements of our joint account.

Unfortunetly we have thrown away a lot of stuff that in hindsight may have been usefull evidence like 'plane tickets and B&B bills etc. but you don't think about it at the time. We also had a lot of documents, includeing our mariage certificate, birth certificates, passports and utility bills stolen while trying to open a savings account for our son Alex at the post office. My wife thinks someone took the folder they were in from her bag while she was walking to the Post office. We contacted the police but never got them back again.

We also have the same problem as you that I have not made a will or taken out life insurance that benifits my wife and I get the feeling that they look upon this as suspicious. I had thought that having a son together and another child on the way would be sufficient evidence that we are in a long term relationship, but this does not seem to be the case! We are going to wait until we get to Oz before arranging a will and life insurance.

They were also concerned that we had not registered our son Alex as Australian by decent yet, which thay also looked on as suspicious. The reason we had not done it yet was that we will have to do it again with our next child due in mid June, and were going to them at the same time.

I'm sure both of our applications will be successful but I'd thought I'd let you know that you were not the only person in this situation.

Good luck, David
Old May 5th 2004, 11:04 am
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way, the last post was me, I forgot to log out of my Wifes account first.
Old May 5th 2004, 11:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

You need not worry as you seem to have plenty of time and are obviously a genuine case. I guess you know the 2 years proof for you is important becuase with children that entitles you to permanent residence straight off. I do not think DIMIA look upon the lack of registration as suspicicious but as part of a bureacratic process. If the child is not Australian then the child must be included as part of the application. If the child is Australian then of course they need to tick the box that the child is registered as such.
Old May 5th 2004, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mlbonner
Had to take the covering letter off - so here it is again!

MIchelle! GREAT cover letter! Well done! They have to give it to you now!!!!
Old May 5th 2004, 6:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by jasper pentop
MIchelle! GREAT cover letter! Well done! They have to give it to you now!!!!

Hee hee, thanks! I really hope so.. Really really really I do

David - good luck to you and your wife, I'm sure you'll get it. When do you plan on sending the extra stuff? I sent my yesterday!
Old May 5th 2004, 7:04 pm
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point

Hee hee, thanks! I really hope so.. Really really really I do

David - good luck to you and your wife, I'm sure you'll get it. When do you plan on sending the extra stuff? I sent my yesterday!
We are waiting for a letter from the doctor to state that my wife signed on at the same surgery as me in Feb 2002 and some photos from her mother that shows both of us together which has the dates printed on them (outside Monaco train station in March 2001).

I'm going to get my sons birth certificate copied today (Thursday) as they requested it and so I probably will send the second submission tomorrow, registered post.

They did however ask for my passport and in the original phone conversation with the case officer, she said that she would try to get me the visa before the next baby is born in mid June, so that looks like a good sign.

Have you had a request for your passport yet or have you already sent it to them?

David
Old May 5th 2004, 7:43 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

the other forum doesnt let you attach files for some reason!!
The other forum is Usenet and binaries aren't appreciated in non-binaries groups.
Old May 5th 2004, 7:50 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
The other forum is Usenet and binaries aren't appreciated in non-binaries groups.
Ahhhhh, of course! Thanks! (not that I know anything about binaries, but I understand that usenet is different, and isn't for attaching files)

Old May 5th 2004, 7:54 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Yep, it's a Usenet gateway. One of the features that vBulletin offers.

Trouble is, most messages posted to there from here come out bass ackwards. Upside down posting, poor attributing, etc.
Old May 5th 2004, 8:16 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Yep, it's a Usenet gateway. One of the features that vBulletin offers.

Trouble is, most messages posted to there from here come out bass ackwards. Upside down posting, poor attributing, etc.
Yeah, I asked someone once (JAJ I think, who is now moderator on this forum and is now a member) why he posted via usenet. He said because it's got more history. The archives go back further, and he just preferred it.
All depends what you're used to I guess.

I'm quite sure it confuses people though! I saw someone I know from another forum post the same question twice, once via usenet (he got to it via a google group) and once via British expats(cos I gave him that link)
Old May 6th 2004, 4:42 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by davidclifford
We are waiting for a letter from the doctor to state that my wife signed on at the same surgery as me in Feb 2002 and some photos from her mother that shows both of us together which has the dates printed on them (outside Monaco train station in March 2001).

I'm going to get my sons birth certificate copied today (Thursday) as they requested it and so I probably will send the second submission tomorrow, registered post.

They did however ask for my passport and in the original phone conversation with the case officer, she said that she would try to get me the visa before the next baby is born in mid June, so that looks like a good sign.

Have you had a request for your passport yet or have you already sent it to them?

David

No, no request for my passport, still waiting to hear if its been approved!! I didnt send my passport in with the original submission as it expired in a couple of months so I wanted a new one. That came yesterday so I'm hoping now that the first stamp will be my visa

Good luck with your submission and with the baby!