Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Second submission - is this enough - can someone please check?!

Second submission - is this enough - can someone please check?!

Old May 2nd 2004, 11:04 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Post Second submission - is this enough - can someone please check?!

Is this enough - second submission - can someone please check!?!

Hi there

Since being asked for more information from AHC to evidence my de facto visa, I've found some more bits and pieces and written a covering letter.

I've attached them, so if anyone has the time I'd really appreciate the feedback. Found it quite hard to write the covering letter without getting really emotionally tied to it. Anything that I've missed out, or shouldnt be including let me know!!

Below is also a list of what I submitted in my first submission.

Thanks everyone - especially Bkate, George, Simone, Bindi, BP, ST & Pollyana for all their ideas (sorry if I missed anyone out, wasnt intentional!!) on what to include.

First Submission (meds sent separately)
1. Main Forms
Form 40SP
Form 47SP
Form 886 Settlement Details

2. Health and Character
UK Police Clearance
Form 80

3. Identification
Certified copy of Sponsors birth certificate
Certified copy of sponsor’s passport
Certified copy of applicant’s birth certificate
Certified copy of applicant’s passport
Passport photos of sponsor x2
Passport photos of applicant x4

4. Employment Details
Sponsors group certificate, certified copy
Letter of employment for Sponsor
Reference letter from Michelle’s employer in Brisbane
Screen print of jobs available in Brisbane suitable for Michelle
Copy of Michelle’s CV/Qualifications proving employability

5. Our Statements
Statement from Shane on our relationship
Statement from Michelle on our relationship

6. Supporting Statements
Statutory Declaration from Sponsors Mum
Statutory Declaration from mutual friend (Sally)
Letter from Sponsors Daughter (Kayla)
Letter from Sponsors friend (Anthony)
Statutory Declaration from Sponsors friend (Jason)
Statement from my brother (David)
Statement from my Dad (Richard)
Statement from my friend (Claire)
Statement from my friend (Hayley)
Statement from my friend (Natalie)

7. Evidence of living together
Bank Statement showing transfer of funds
Microsoft Money spreadsheet and description
Evidence of applicant at 109 Quinlan Street
Evidence of sponsor at 109 Quinlan Street

8. Evidence of social aspects and life together
Page of photos x3
AFL ticket, Sept 2000 in Brisbane
Pearl Jam tickets, Feb 2003 in Brisbane x2
Gym Membership, in Brisbane x2
Rugby World Cup ticket, Nov 2004 in Brisbane x2
Thank-you card to both of us from Natalie & Amy

9.Evidence of joint holidays
Credit card statement showing hire car in New Zealand
Maui Rentals New Zealand
Plane ticket to Christchurch for Michelle Bonner, July 2003
Email for Shane Gilbert showing details of flight to New Zealand, July 2003
Travel documents for Michelle & Shane to Thailand and UK Jan/Feb 2004
Easyjet flights in France 2004
Easyjet flights in Spain 2004

10. Evidence of contact whilst apart
Phone bills
Relevant page of passport showing travel to Kuala Lumpur, June 2000
Travel documents to Australia Aug/Sept 2001

Last edited by mlbonner; May 3rd 2004 at 7:41 am.
Old May 2nd 2004, 11:05 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Second submission - is this enough - can someone please check?!

Originally posted by mlbonner

and Table of Contents

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: doc
second toc.doc (22.0 KB, 203 views)
Old May 2nd 2004, 11:10 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi Michelle,

You certainly seemed to have exhasuted every possibility and in such a short time!
I think your covering letter seems great very thorough! Again I think some thing whether its a letter, bill or whatever covering every month of the 12 months is important and you say you have that now.

How can they refuse you! When do you hope to send it all off!!?

Good Luck
Old May 2nd 2004, 11:16 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong forum sort of.

I don't care.

all looks fine, I think the more personal you get, the better. It is personal/emotional stuff, and if you sound to 'businesslike' it might make it seem like a business transaction
Not that yours does, it sounds good and personal.

And that is also coming from one of the most informal people ever(school always complains that my reports aren't formal enough)
Ok, going off topic now.

As I said, it looks great. You've got sooo much more! I really do think it's ticking boxes, and just testing you to see if you had already sent all you had.
Old May 2nd 2004, 11:18 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by BKate
Hi Michelle,

You certainly seemed to have exhasuted every possibility and in such a short time!
I think your covering letter seems great very thorough! Again I think some thing whether its a letter, bill or whatever covering every month of the 12 months is important and you say you have that now.

How can they refuse you! When do you hope to send it all off!!?

Good Luck

Awww gee shucks, thanks

I was able to do it so quickly because I REALLY want this visa and also thanks to all the help I got from people with their thinking caps on

Just got to get the next-of-kin form from the gym, hopefully tomorrow.
Hope to send it off on Wednesday all being well. The uncertainty is killing both of us, so the sooner we know, the better!!

All fingers, limbs and possible extremities are being crossed
Old May 2nd 2004, 11:22 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I would add more proof of living together at the same address. I would not worry about it as requests for more info happen regularly.

Proof does not have to be joint but may include a bank statement for one and a phone bill for the other at the same time and address.
Old May 2nd 2004, 11:27 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by bondipom
I would add more proof of living together at the same address. I would not worry about it as requests for more info happen regularly.

Proof does not have to be joint but may include a bank statement for one and a phone bill for the other at the same time and address.

Yup, its probably not very clear but I think I have various statements from six different sources, at least one for each month. Shane has the same, just different and less sources.

ah well (deep breath) hopefully this should do it
Old May 3rd 2004, 12:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by Simone82
Wrong forum sort of.

I don't care.

the other forum doesnt let you attach files for some reason!!
Old May 3rd 2004, 12:19 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

the other forum doesnt let you attach files for some reason!!
ohhhhhh

Yes, it's nice and easy attaching files.

Other forum doesn't have smiley either (unless you do : ) )
Old May 3rd 2004, 12:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fairly thorough to me. I echo Bondi's post - if you have stuff showing you were at the same address at the same time, that is probably what they are after.
good luck
Old May 3rd 2004, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

One suggested bit of supporting evidence (suggested by DIMIA) when we went through the second stage of my spouse visa application was, believe it or not, envelopes, addressed to either or both my wife and myself.

One quick rummage through our garbage turned up several envelopes (some rather yucky after a couple of days in the bin), which we duly posted off to DIMIA along with everything else.

after the visa was approved, the kind people at DIMIA even went to the trouble of returning them!

One thing we did have a little bit of trouble with were the statutory declarations, which for the second stage, had to be from Australian citizens. My wife, having 6 sisters here got all of them to supply one each for us. Then came the problem, DIMIA asked for proof of citizenship

My wifes sisters are all married, were all born in Australia, and have never travelled outside of Australia, so what on earth can you use for proof of citizenship? None of them could find their wedding certificates, so could not connect their married names to their birth certificates.

After a couple of calls to DIMIA, they agreed to accept certified copies of their birth certificates, plus driving licences (carrying their married names).
Old May 3rd 2004, 1:49 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by Trevglas
One suggested bit of supporting evidence (suggested by DIMIA) when we went through the second stage of my spouse visa application was, believe it or not, envelopes, addressed to either or both my wife and myself.

One quick rummage through our garbage turned up several envelopes (some rather yucky after a couple of days in the bin), which we duly posted off to DIMIA along with everything else.

after the visa was approved, the kind people at DIMIA even went to the trouble of returning them!

One thing we did have a little bit of trouble with were the statutory declarations, which for the second stage, had to be from Australian citizens. My wife, having 6 sisters here got all of them to supply one each for us. Then came the problem, DIMIA asked for proof of citizenship

My wifes sisters are all married, were all born in Australia, and have never travelled outside of Australia, so what on earth can you use for proof of citizenship? None of them could find their wedding certificates, so could not connect their married names to their birth certificates.

After a couple of calls to DIMIA, they agreed to accept certified copies of their birth certificates, plus driving licences (carrying their married names).

Okay, never thought the envelope might be useful, I'll have to have a look, I know a lot of the ones I have still have the clear window on the front, so they're not probably much use!

It gets frustrating doesn't it, trying to do everything exactly how should do but you're not able to. At least they agreed to the BC & DL's in the end. Strange how all six of them couldnt find their marriage certs, wonder what the odds are of that happening

Cheers!
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Okay, never thought the envelope might be useful, I'll have to have a look, I know a lot of the ones I have still have the clear window on the front, so they're not probably much use!

It gets frustrating doesn't it, trying to do everything exactly how should do but you're not able to. At least they agreed to the BC & DL's in the end. Strange how all six of them couldnt find their marriage certs, wonder what the odds are of that happening

Cheers!
4 of them are divorced, so I guess hanging onto their old marriage certificate, just in case their younger sister ran off to marry a pom never crossed their minds
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:33 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by Trevglas
4 of them are divorced, so I guess hanging onto their old marriage certificate, just in case their younger sister ran off to marry a pom never crossed their minds

Well I really dont know why not
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:37 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Hi there

Since being asked for more information from AHC to evidence my de facto visa, I've found some more bits and pieces and written a covering letter.

I've attached them, so if anyone has the time I'd really appreciate the feedback. Found it quite hard to write the covering letter without getting really emotionally tied to it. Anything that I've missed out, or shouldnt be including let me know!!

Below is also a list of what I submitted in my first submission.

Thanks everyone - especially Bkate, George, Simone, Bindi, BP, ST & Pollyana for all their ideas (sorry if I missed anyone out, wasnt intentional!!) on what to include.
Had to take the covering letter off - so here it is again!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
second covering letter.doc (26.5 KB, 198 views)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.