Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Second Marriages do they work?

Second Marriages do they work?

Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice
Default Re: Second Marriages do they work?

Well as a third time divorcee I have to say no they don't work. Divorce is hard but it hardens the people which makes it very difficult to build a normal relationship with all the "baggage"
Mandy
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

junekelly is an unknown quantity at this point

After talking with a friend on the weekend about divorce. (she's been divorced twice and doesn't want to make the same mistake). We came to the conclusion that sometimes we pick similar people to the first person we married.
Subconsiouly or not , she asked herself the question...Do I pick people that I know deep down ,won't want to make a long term commitment or possibly can't? Then it went on to herself asking , do I have a subconsious problem with commitment and maybe pick people that I know won't hold me back in the long term?

After a long discussion with each other, she has now booked herself into counselling to delve a little deeper into her subconcious mind
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:18 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by junekelly
Siren , how come you didn't invite your next door neighbour to the wedding on Friday?..I would have loved to have some wedding cake

I just looked at your location! I didn't realize that you were already here!!
Where abouts are you? (Feel free to PM with that info...lol)
Have you been officially invited to our ladies coffee mornings? I know it sounds stodgy but they are anything BUT...

We all get together every Thursday for some coffee, cakes and a natter that has us all roaring with laughter! You are more than welcome to join us PM me for details

As for the wedding.... it's in King's Park so I can't stop anybody from coming and watching should they want to :scared: Not that I mind... it's such a beautiful place to get married. Foot traffic is just a given.

Siren
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

My Hubby has a saying regarding marriage....

LOVE is a word,
MARRIAGE is a sentance

Actually, I have had a pretty poor role model when it comes to marriage. My Mum is on her 4th marriage and is still desperately unhappy. She wont leave this guy as he has money. She says if she cant be happy in one way, she will be happy in other ways!!

Thankfully, I am the sort of person that can learn from others mistakes!!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

THEY'D BETTER!!!

tanja