Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Second Marriages do they work?

Second Marriages do they work?

Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

junekelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Second Marriages do they work?

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Most definitely better the second time round... in my world anyway

i learnt from my mistakes the first time round and made my choice from my head as well as my heart this time...something we rarely do in our youth
podgypossum i love the way your image changes , its very inventive. love to see creative peoples work
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:58 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by junekelly
Just an interesting observation ,second marriages seem to be something thats happening more and more, but unfortunately so are second divorces.

Whats your feelings on this ?

Is the divorse rate increasing?
Do second marriages work?

Would love to hear from people who have married a second time or divorced a second time
Second marriage is def the better IMO as I'm more mature.

First marriage ended up in divorce obviously as we were just to young.

So after the divorce we decided to get married again and it's ticketyboo

Walla
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:59 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Just an interesting observation ,second marriages seem to be something thats happening more and more, but unfortunately so are second divorces.

Whats your feelings on this ?

Is the divorse rate increasing?
Do second marriages work?

Would love to hear from people who have married a second time or divorced a second time

bloody hope so cos i'm my husbands second wife :scared:
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:04 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
bloody hope so cos i'm my husbands second wife :scared:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya

Walla
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by walla1
Second marriage is def the better IMO as I'm more mature.

First marriage ended up in divorce obviously as we were just to young.

So after the divorce we decided to get married again and it's ticketyboo

Walla
Did you end up remarried to each other, or different people?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:34 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Did you end up remarried to each other, or different people?
eachother, remarried same day and same time as the first wedding but a few years later thou we were only apart for a few months.

I think that deserves karma, don't you?

Walla
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by walla1
eachother, remarried same day and same time as the first wedding but a few years later thou we were only apart for a few months.

I think that deserves karma, don't you?

Walla
Did you happen to have a unit next door to your mum?.Then move over closer to the ocean with your husband?..I met someone a few years ago that had remarried their ex
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:56 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Did you happen to have a unit next door to your mum?.Then move over closer to the ocean with your husband?..I met someone a few years ago that had remarried their ex
No, not me coz a) I'm a man and b) I've only been here 3 weeks

Walla
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:03 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Well I certainly hope so as I'm marrying for the second time on FRIDAY!!

First marriage I was WAY, WAY too young and only stuck it out for the kiddos. This time, I followed my heart AND my head. 12 years older and wiser and loving every minute of it!

Mr. Siren had never been married before but close enough... 2 kids later the whole thing failed. Also a "too young to know better" situation.

If only 18 yr old kids could know what they would think when they were 30 there might be a lot less second marriages.

Siren
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck getting married on Friday , you will have to keep us posted .I tend to agree that people marry to young and don't really know who they are. We all change and grow , some together and some apart
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Siren , how come you didn't invite your next door neighbour to the wedding on Friday?..I would have loved to have some wedding cake
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know about second marriages, I am still in my first.

My wife and I have been married 11 years this year, we were togeteher for ten years before that. I am now 40 she is 36. We have three lovely children, aged 7,4 & 3. I sincerely hope we are together forever, so does she. Strangely enough though, both our parents are in 2nd marriages.

If anything is going to cause a divorce, it'll be the house sale (or lack of it), tension or what!

Phil.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

podgypossum i love the way your image changes , its very inventive. love to see creative peoples work

i would love to take the credit for the pic June, but sadly its not my talents that created it...another member of the forum did it for me a long while ago.

As for the second marriages bit...i think that in our youth we tend to place far too much importance on the trivial things when looking for a partner....looks and physical attraction far outweigh the underlying basics needed for a successful relationship. We also have no real concept of what living inside a close structured relationship is either and all too often the reality is one hell of a shock, but how do you know until you've done it? Thats why the sensible among us look on a second chance at love in a whole new way...i know i did. Fancying someone is just not good enough anymore. Similar morals, likes, dislikes and attitudes to life are far more important.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:27 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I think so but you still have to work at it (I'm sure Mrs Banana will jump in and give her opinion).

I am on wifey no. 2 and am very happy !!

Warren

May have something to do with the fact that we have been apart for 4 months

Jill

Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siren
Well I certainly hope so as I'm marrying for the second time on FRIDAY!!

First marriage I was WAY, WAY too young and only stuck it out for the kiddos. This time, I followed my heart AND my head. 12 years older and wiser and loving every minute of it!

Mr. Siren had never been married before but close enough... 2 kids later the whole thing failed. Also a "too young to know better" situation.

If only 18 yr old kids could know what they would think when they were 30 there might be a lot less second marriages.

Siren
Best of luck on Friday and I hope its a wonderful bright, sunny day for your wedding

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.