scousers

Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:37 am
WBB

Originally posted by Warren Dix
Now we are friends again - are you climbing back in bed with me like you did last night (ref Addiction post.......)
For one who professes to prefer sheep and hate scousers I think you did very well 8/10.
Goodnight

only 8/10....there is room for improvement then

cheers for the PM

Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

cityboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WELSH

The Welsh never existed untill a jock F***ed a pig!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:45 pm
WBB

Default Re: WELSH

Originally posted by cityboy
The Welsh never existed untill a jock F***ed a pig!!!!!!!!!

there you go, feel better now?

Old Jan 10th 2004, 6:18 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: scousers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pagey

1st People from Liverpool are different to those on the Wirral.
2nd The Woody is bad but the majority of Liverpool is worse.
3rd My house insurance is now lower than yours
4th Liverpool peolpe have it in for us over here
5th I'd rather be welsh than scouse

ps Hubby says my reply has nothing to do with him at all. He's told me I'm very naughty!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

gelomaa is an unknown quantity at this point

i found the character check quote amusing , i think i can take a ribbing in good taste and give with good taste also. we scousers have an amazing sense of humour. i don't think i would have any problems there........ maybe its others insecurities that think i was offended. jensteve, you surprise me with your comments on the mersey divide, do i sense a jelousy there? sorry your not a scouser but your ok ha
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:03 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally posted by gelomaa
i found the character check quote amusing , i think i can take a ribbing in good taste and give with good taste also. we scousers have an amazing sense of humour. i don't think i would have any problems there........ maybe its others insecurities that think i was offended. jensteve, you surprise me with your comments on the mersey divide, do i sense a jelousy there? sorry your not a scouser but your ok ha
I have found true scousers have a far more wicked sense of humour, you dont tend to get it on the wirral, I'd rather have an easy life. I also find Bristol and Leicester have very odd senses of humour, or possibly the lack of one ((I can say that from experience family)
as for jealousy no I am most certainly not, I have my bouts of humour. Wirral is an alright place but anyone listening to the accent assumes were from Liverpool and were not, thats what annoys. I've visited Liverpool once in it must be eight years although I drive through it quite often. Thats probably why they charge us through the tunnel to put us off going!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by jensteve
I have found true scousers have a far more wicked sense of humour, you dont tend to get it on the wirral, I'd rather have an easy life. I also find Bristol and Leicester have very odd senses of humour, or possibly the lack of one ((I can say that from experience family)
as for jealousy no I am most certainly not, I have my bouts of humour. Wirral is an alright place but anyone listening to the accent assumes were from Liverpool and were not, thats what annoys. I've visited Liverpool once in it must be eight years although I drive through it quite often. Thats probably why they charge us through the tunnel to put us off going!
I used to go out with a girl from Liverpool and she used to call people from the Wirral - Woolybacks. I can't remember why. Any idea ??
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

gelomaa is an unknown quantity at this point

the people from the wirral are people whos parents moved away from liverpool in the hope of a better life, that is not what they got. they thought the wirral was the new expanding place to be, away from the poverty in the pool. as it turned out liverpool picked up again and became a great place to live (yes it has its problems, like any other place) but it became up and coming and recognised again on the map and this time not for its happenings in toxteth and its football team (come on you reds). Property in slum areas are now worth double than they were 4 years ago. I know i rent one out. So, you see, the problem now, is that the wirral are well peeved, cos there houses haven't risen in price as much and now, Liverpool is a more prosperous place to live in, in comparison to most parts of the wirral (not all). As for woolybacks, well it was for those who lived out in the sticks origionally, but it has took on a whole new meaning now. Now it means people who say they are from Liverpool and try to live by their standards and humour, yet come from the outskirts and don't recognise the place as a good place to their peers, yet praise the place when it suits their need.
A true scouser i can detect a mile off, a woolyback is always too keen to impress a scouser that they love liverpool
Old Jan 10th 2004, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

mutznuts1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Scouser have my vote!!

The Ferrari Formula 1 Team fired their entire pit crew
yesterday.
The announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the British governments 'Work for the Dole' scheme and employ
unemployable scousers. The decision to hire them was brought on by a recent documentary on how unemployed Liverpool youths were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of pounds worth of high tech gear. This was thought to be an excellent, yet bold move by Ferrari Management as most races are won and lost
in the pits, Ferrari would have an advantage over every team. However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for at the crew's first practice session, not only were the Scousers Pit Crew able to change the tyres in under 6 seconds but within 12 seconds they had re-sprayed, rebadged and sold the vehicle over to the MacLaren Team for four cans of Stella, a gram of speed and a quick shifty at Coulthard's bird in the shower.
Regards
Old Jan 10th 2004, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by gelomaa
the people from the wirral are people whos parents moved away from liverpool in the hope of a better life, that is not what they got. they thought the wirral was the new expanding place to be, away from the poverty in the pool. as it turned out liverpool picked up again and became a great place to live (yes it has its problems, like any other place) but it became up and coming and recognised again on the map and this time not for its happenings in toxteth and its football team (come on you reds). Property in slum areas are now worth double than they were 4 years ago. I know i rent one out. So, you see, the problem now, is that the wirral are well peeved, cos there houses haven't risen in price as much and now, Liverpool is a more prosperous place to live in, in comparison to most parts of the wirral (not all). As for woolybacks, well it was for those who lived out in the sticks origionally, but it has took on a whole new meaning now. Now it means people who say they are from Liverpool and try to live by their standards and humour, yet come from the outskirts and don't recognise the place as a good place to their peers, yet praise the place when it suits their need.

A true scouser i can detect a mile off, a woolyback is always too keen to impress a scouser that they love liverpool

But why woolyback ? I thought it was maybe to do with land on the wirral with sheep on it ??!! Daft idea ??
Old Jan 10th 2004, 11:39 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mutznuts1
Scouser have my vote!!

The Ferrari Formula 1 Team fired their entire pit crew
yesterday.
The announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the British governments 'Work for the Dole' scheme and employ
unemployable scousers. The decision to hire them was brought on by a recent documentary on how unemployed Liverpool youths were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of pounds worth of high tech gear. This was thought to be an excellent, yet bold move by Ferrari Management as most races are won and lost
in the pits, Ferrari would have an advantage over every team. However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for at the crew's first practice session, not only were the Scousers Pit Crew able to change the tyres in under 6 seconds but within 12 seconds they had re-sprayed, rebadged and sold the vehicle over to the MacLaren Team for four cans of Stella, a gram of speed and a quick shifty at Coulthard's bird in the shower.
Regards
Scousers have my vote, Most are the salt of the earth.
Must be I married one 17 years agon and still with her.

We had a party last year when the whole tribe Came down from Liverpool. They brought with them some home made scouse pie.

When they were asked why do you call it scouse pie, they said it was because you have to make sure all the ingredients are stolen.

Ive been travelling up to Liverpool for 20 years now. Great nightlife never had one bit of trouble in all that time.

Ive been given plenty of stick, but they are also able to take it back.

For some people on here who are going to emmigrate and Im sure will want to integrate into society in Australia there is an awful lot of stereo typing going on here.

Id like to think we evalutate people on their personalities and how they come across rather than what postcode they live at.

Cheers.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by welshboybilly
the only good thing to come out of liverpool is the motorway.

A watch it.............. "Oh" forgot your mom knows Anthony Hopkins all is forgiven....
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by welshboybilly
sorry to any scousers who have been offended by my piss taking earlier but i can give it aswell as take it so feel free to start (again) with the sheep jokes.

Dont worry about it you take enough ribbing..........
I was born there and I also know how bad it is in SOME places....
my Rellies tell me some awful stories.........but it is a great city and so much to do, After all it was once the capital of England so the building are awsome..........most people are shocked when they see it............. ............
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:46 pm
WBB

Originally posted by jeannie
A watch it.............. "Oh" forgot your mom knows Anthony Hopkins all is forgiven....

Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

cityboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Its only a bit of banter!!!!!!
Dont you people ever go out? - down the pub with your mate's bit of stick over the footy & everything else. If you rise tot he bait you get crucified its ace!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.