Wikiposts

scousers

Old Jan 9th 2004, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

pagey is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah yeah , i`m not going to bite on this .
nice try taffy
Old Jan 9th 2004, 4:33 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

ok, so I wanna get this straight, a scouser is an irish person in a certain part of Liverpool?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 4:45 am
WBB

Originally posted by Simone82
ok, so I wanna get this straight, a scouser is an irish person in a certain part of Liverpool?
http://www.scouser.com

a scouser comes from liverpool in england.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

No No take no notice , a scouser is somebody from Liverpool , you have heard of Liverpool haven`t you?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 5:46 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pagey
No No take no notice , a scouser is somebody from Liverpool , you have heard of Liverpool haven`t you?
Right, thanks!

Yes, of course I've heard of Liverpool, geez I'm not stupid! :P
Though, only things I know is it's on the coast, left side of england (if put upright ) and that's where the Beatles are from.

thanks WBB
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:14 am
Go Banana's !!

Actually find all this 'scouser ' thread quite offensive. I come from the North West (the Wirral) and I am often called a 'scouser' - which I don't have a problem with, but it gets very draining as all the jokes come out as soon as people hear the accent.

Yes maybe I'm very sensitive but you wouldn't make jokes like this about Ethnic races etc. on here, because oh no that would be racist. All it is, is geography.

Like anywhere in the world Liverpool has it's bad points, but the people are warm and friendly and the City is fantastic - why else did it get 'City of Culture' And before you all say it I'm not living there because, I want to see the rest of the world and not stay in the one place forever, doesn't mean Liverpool is a bad place.

I remember a thread on here about the rugby and a guy posted on here saying he was getting loads of stick about being a 'pom' at work and he found it irrating.

Hopefully none of you will come across this but some Aussies think 'poms' stink , don't ever wash and live like pigs. Maybe then you'll know how it feels. When you are settling in and trying to find friends, peoples pre-conceptions can be very hurtful.

This is the first time I've come off the fence and felt strongly about something that upsets me - but I've got it off my chest now and will move on

Jill

Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:35 am
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all

Originally posted by Warren Dix
Actually find all this 'scouser ' thread quite offensive. I come from the North West (the Wirral) and I am often called a 'scouser' - which I don't have a problem with, but it gets very draining as all the jokes come out as soon as people hear the accent.

Yes maybe I'm very sensitive but you wouldn't make jokes like this about Ethnic races etc. on here, because oh no that would be racist. All it is, is geography.

Like anywhere in the world Liverpool has it's bad points, but the people are warm and friendly and the City is fantastic - why else did it get 'City of Culture' And before you all say it I'm not living there because, I want to see the rest of the world and not stay in the one place forever, doesn't mean Liverpool is a bad place.

I remember a thread on here about the rugby and a guy posted on here saying he was getting loads of stick about being a 'pom' at work and he found it irrating.

Hopefully none of you will come across this but some Aussies think 'poms' stink , don't ever wash and live like pigs. Maybe then you'll know how it feels. When you are settling in and trying to find friends, peoples pre-conceptions can be very hurtful.

This is the first time I've come off the fence and felt strongly about something that upsets me - but I've got it off my chest now and will move on

Jill

Jill,

here, here.
I seem to remember everyone coming to Badgers aid when someone accused him of labelling Aussies. Then everyone seems to take the nasty knives out at scousers. Let me tell you this my hubby worked in Manchester (Salford) for 12 years. He said they are far worse than scouser for ticket touts, violent crime etc. and believe you me he would take any opportunity to have a dig at scousers as that is where my family is from, except me born and bred in wigan, (although don't really have the accent as it is quite mixed).
So come on everyone whilst it may be in jest we could all start slanging each others areas off but it is not very grown up is it.

BTW is their a kids forum for you chiildren to subscribe too.

There got that off my chest

Jo
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Bob Edmunds is an unknown quantity at this point

well ,thats killed this thread ,i was enjoying the banter........
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

gelomaa is an unknown quantity at this point

well well........ am i surprised at all the replies to my message of 'are there any scousers in oz'.
yes i'm a scouser and damn proud of it, and no i don't live there anymore, i move around with my military husband, all my family still live there and we go back often.
we are looking into tranfering to the ozzy army with a view to possibly staying on if we like it. if anyone has any advice i would welcome it, but the scouser joke is wearing thin. i would love to speak to fellow scousers on the life out there. Maybe any advice should be posted on a new thread.
oh and Jill well said
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:19 am
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all

Originally posted by gelomaa
well well........ am i surprised at all the replies to my message of 'are there any scousers in oz'.
yes i'm a scouser and damn proud of it, and no i don't live there anymore, i move around with my military husband, all my family still live there and we go back often.
we are looking into tranfering to the ozzy army with a view to possibly staying on if we like it. if anyone has any advice i would welcome it, but the scouser joke is wearing thin. i would love to speak to fellow scousers on the life out there. Maybe any advice should be posted on a new thread.
oh and Jill well said
Gelomaa

Sorry not in Oz not likely to be as going to NZ. Still live in Wigan, all the family are still in Liverpool except mine from parents down.
Ignore the posters trying to wind you up....double standards (read my reply to Jill's).
My Cousin Robert and his wife emigrated from Maghull about 6 years ago to Oz. He absolutely loves it, wouldn't come back for all the tea in China. His wife was a policewoman over here and I don't think he relished the though of her going out on parole. He has twin daughters who are about 12 now, they have lost their scouse accents.

Anyway I think there are a few scouse posters on this site.

Just Ignore the Jibes.

Joanne
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

gelomaa is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers joanne, you thinking of going there yourself? whereabouts do your family live over there?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:24 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default cockney sparra!!!

Jill
i think for once this sparra`s gonna sit on da fence jellied eels anyone?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:37 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: scousers

Jill

(often confused scouser who comes from the Wirral)
what do you mean confused, i'm not confused thats why the merseys in the way, to keep us seperate, hence why were attached to Cheshire and we now have a chester postcode once again.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:16 am
JoB
Off to middle earth

Originally posted by gelomaa
cheers joanne, you thinking of going there yourself? whereabouts do your family live over there?
G

Not sure where in Oz our Robert lives, I find out though all I know is he reacons that everyone is dead lazy and no-one wants to work. He is an electrician and he put in a Tender with ludicrous pricing as he didn't really want this contract aas he was quite busy. As it happens he won the contract and is made a shed full of cash out of it. I think he won as not many people tendered.

My Bro-in-Law Lives in Tauranga NZ. We like it been twice and like the focus on family life there which we don't seem to have over here. It'll be about 2 years before we go over there because hubby is taking is Low Voltage and High voltage training which can take up to 2 years and has to be on job.

Where/when are you thinking of going??

Jo
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: scousers

Originally posted by jensteve
what do you mean confused, i'm not confused thats why the merseys in the way, to keep us seperate, hence why were attached to Cheshire and we now have a chester postcode once again.
Well congratulations on having a chester postcode once again ... you must be a better person than someone from liverpool because the wirral is a much better place to live isn`t it , like the woody etc ...
look back at your ancestory and where your family work and i bet there`s a link to Liverpool then...

Grow up , you can keep your "chester postcode " it`s people like you that give scousers a bad name , i bet you`d call yourself one if you were in a bit of trouble in town and you were with scousres then wouldn`t you ? ( thats Liverpool town , not smackhead city !!!)

Grow up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.