Scots to QLD?

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 12:49 pm
togooff&things

Talking Scots to QLD?

Hello,
I've not been on here for ages. Just wanted to find any updates or hear fom any new Scots migrating to Brisbane/Gold Coast area? For anyone who remembers me, we're just awaiting final say so and should be off Feb/March (we hope) We're on a 139 subclass. How about you?

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 3:47 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scots to QLD?

Originally Posted by togooff&things
Hello,
I've not been on here for ages. Just wanted to find any updates or hear fom any new Scots migrating to Brisbane/Gold Coast area? For anyone who remembers me, we're just awaiting final say so and should be off Feb/March (we hope) We're on a 139 subclass. How about you?

Hi! We aren't going as soon as feb/march but hope to migrate to Brisbane/ sunshine coast around November 2005. We are waiting on skills assessments to b returned just now and then we are submitting main visa application (skilled independent). What are your names and what ages are you? My name is Lynn and hubbies is Marc (24 and 26, no kids) we are a nurse and and engineer - what occupations are you in?

I hope you hear something soon.

Lynn p.s where do you live in Scotland?
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 4:29 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi! We aren't going as soon as feb/march but hope to migrate to Brisbane/ sunshine coast around November 2005. We are waiting on skills assessments to b returned just now and then we are submitting main visa application (skilled independent). What are your names and what ages are you? My name is Lynn and hubbies is Marc (24 and 26, no kids) we are a nurse and and engineer - what occupations are you in?

I hope you hear something soon.

Lynn p.s where do you live in Scotland?

Hi, guys! We're Edinburgers (and wishing to escape the Edinburgers mentality!Weegies are so much friendlier!) Looking for a less judgmental and classless lifestyle. I'm Colette (34), hubby is Lez (38) and we have 2 boys (6 & 3). We're in the film/TV industry, but I also Lecture at Uni and am a Youth Worker too - but all based around media. Have you been to Oz before? Why have you picked that area? We've never been but have a good friend in Tamborine. If the industry is very poor we may have to move for work but are starting near Gold Coast to see what's about. We also have rellies in Melbourne, so it's an open book really. It's taken us 3 years to get this far - long slog but almost there. It's getting exciting now! We have limited funds, so adventures and challenges ahead! But we're up for it! What about you guys?

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by togooff&things
Hi, guys! We're Edinburgers (and wishing to escape the Edinburgers mentality!Weegies are so much friendlier!) Looking for a less judgmental and classless lifestyle. I'm Colette (34), hubby is Lez (38) and we have 2 boys (6 & 3). We're in the film/TV industry, but I also Lecture at Uni and am a Youth Worker too - but all based around media. Have you been to Oz before? Why have you picked that area? We've never been but have a good friend in Tamborine. If the industry is very poor we may have to move for work but are starting near Gold Coast to see what's about. We also have rellies in Melbourne, so it's an open book really. It's taken us 3 years to get this far - long slog but almost there. It's getting exciting now! We have limited funds, so adventures and challenges ahead! But we're up for it! What about you guys?
My hubbie has an aunt and uncle in Caboolture (sunshine coast/ glass house mountains area). We visted exactly a year ago and fell in love with the place. We also stayed on the gold coast and loved that too - just found the gold coast more of a holiday than an ideal place to stay. We would prefer to drive to the gold coast on the weekends to visit the theme parks/ surfers etc as a treat. Not sure what the areas surrounding the gold coast are like though.

I hope you hear something soon about your visa!!! like you guys we are also a bit skint, trying to pay the debt off just now (that we got as students) and hope that the sale of our house will give us a few k to use when we get there. Ideally need to get saving drastically in the next months running up to november as its one expensive move and we want to keep as much as we can from the sale of our house in glasgow to go towards a deposit on mortgage in Oz.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:23 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
My hubbie has an aunt and uncle in Caboolture (sunshine coast/ glass house mountains area). We visted exactly a year ago and fell in love with the place. We also stayed on the gold coast and loved that too - just found the gold coast more of a holiday than an ideal place to stay. We would prefer to drive to the gold coast on the weekends to visit the theme parks/ surfers etc as a treat. Not sure what the areas surrounding the gold coast are like though.

I hope you hear something soon about your visa!!! like you guys we are also a bit skint, trying to pay the debt off just now (that we got as students) and hope that the sale of our house will give us a few k to use when we get there. Ideally need to get saving drastically in the next months running up to november as its one expensive move and we want to keep as much as we can from the sale of our house in glasgow to go towards a deposit on mortgage in Oz.
Hi, I've heard a lot of people say that about the Gold Coast - but we have to go where the work is! I don't mind living remotely but need to be near a judo club and a swimming pool! (for my wee boys). We'll we'll see where life takes us. Good you have a house to sell, (we're planning to rent for a while). We are going on VERY limited funds! erm! We must be on the verge of hearing now - but it's breathless stuff when your this close! Needing to get rid of everything and to have time to sell the lot on e-bay to make some cash - but not wantin to part with stuff untill we have that bit of papper in our grubby paws! I'm chomping on the bit! Take Care, Colette x

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:56 pm
togooff&things

OH...just seen a prog with the Glass Mountains in it. That the one with the Pineapple crops and near Sunshine Cost?..hmm looks nice!

Old Jan 4th 2005, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

bcl74 is on a distinguished road

Hi there, we will hopefully going July this year, doesnt that sound good? "this year" !!!!!!! we will be going to the narangba area hopefully as we have ozzy friends there. We are Brian,30 sharon,26 and daughter & son 9 & 2 we also applied in april 2004 but still not heard anything. will do police checks and medicals soon in anticipation we currently live in sunny arbroath although we are fifers and now are looking forward to losing this dreich drab weather

regards Brian
Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Hi
We are Bill and Lindsay from Aberdeen hoping to be in Brisbane July THIS YEAR!! We are just waiting to hear news now :scared:
We are also organising an Aberdeen meet for fellow migrators sometime in January if you fancy it.
Hope this year brings all you hope for.

Bill
Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bcl74
Hi there, we will hopefully going July this year, doesnt that sound good? "this year" !!!!!!! we will be going to the narangba area hopefully as we have ozzy friends there. We are Brian,30 sharon,26 and daughter & son 9 & 2 we also applied in april 2004 but still not heard anything. will do police checks and medicals soon in anticipation we currently live in sunny arbroath although we are fifers and now are looking forward to losing this dreich drab weather

regards Brian
Hi

Oh.. If only you could bring me a 'Smokie', we've been renting in Narangba for the last two months and very happy with the place. Next quest is to find a butcher who'll do a haggis for the 25th?

Regards Scot
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:37 am

regards Brian
My hubbie Marc is a Fifer! (from glenrothes!) We live in glasgow now and he is a proper Weegie!!!
Good luck with the move - will be a great life for your kiddies - is Narangba on the sunshine coast? Whats it like? We will rent 1st and be open minded about where we want to build - but open to tips for nice areas.

P.s will send all you fellow scots some good luck Karma!

Lynn
Old Jan 4th 2005, 12:09 pm
togooff&things

regards Brian
That's a long time to have heard nothing! I can't understand why different cases take such vastly different time scales. I wonder if cases get designated to different workers to deal with and some just get unlucky and land a part timer (like who works once every few months!) We did our checks early, i guess it just depends if the doctor checking you is willing to give you or your agent the results as some insist on sending them to Dimia themselves. Good luck guys. Keep us informed.

Old Jan 4th 2005, 12:11 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Hi
We are Bill and Lindsay from Aberdeen hoping to be in Brisbane July THIS YEAR!! We are just waiting to hear news now :scared:
We are also organising an Aberdeen meet for fellow migrators sometime in January if you fancy it.
Hope this year brings all you hope for.

Bill

Our sister in law lives in Inverurie, so let us know when you have your meet as there is a possibility we will be up that way! Best wishes and good luck - kepp us updated.

Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Probably neare the end of the month for the Aberdeen meet Collette, will keep you informed.
Bill
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:23 pm
OZ in Sep -HOme at last

macnet1 will become famous soon enough

Guys try http://www.scotsinoz.opto.org

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Probably neare the end of the month for the Aberdeen meet Collette, will keep you informed.
Bill