Reload this Page >

Need help (ex employers)

Need help (ex employers)

Old Apr 15th 2004, 12:27 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help (ex employers)

Hi there,
We are still doing are paper work for the TRA as having probs with finding 1 of them as not there anymore.
The company which trying to do was in 1988 and since them have changed many times. we have sent letters and spoke to people who work at the company who took over but they havent got records of my hubby or on the company that he worked.

What do we do as he did training there and it was his first job?

would the tax office help?

Getting abit sressed about this now !!!

katherine
Old Apr 15th 2004, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help (ex employers)

Originally posted by katherineiv
Hi there,
We are still doing are paper work for the TRA as having probs with finding 1 of them as not there anymore.
The company which trying to do was in 1988 and since them have changed many times. we have sent letters and spoke to people who work at the company who took over but they havent got records of my hubby or on the company that he worked.

katherine
Hi Katherine
We also were in a similair position and looked into what we needed to do. As luck would have it we managed to trace the company director of my first employment and he is doing a reference for me.

There are a few options open to you.
One would be to do a statatury declaration signed in front of a JP/Solicitor/Notary saying that you worked for x for ?? number of years doing y duties.
Any eveidence you have to back this up ie wage slips etc. Another option would be to find an ex work collegue and ask him to do a stat dec as well say he/she worked alongside your hubby doing this duty etc.

What trade does your hubby do. I did read somewhere that a brickie was in a similair position and he went to a couple of people he did work for and they did him a reference. Don't know if this would be applicable for your hubby.

Regards

Gravayman
Old Apr 15th 2004, 12:57 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ex employers

hi
hes a mechanic and he did alot of his training there.
Think the boss was at his retiring age then so will have to think.

thanks for help

katherine
Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

sdwis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

katherine
Do you have another employer prior to that one? I had this problem and explained to the assessing body that the company had gone bankrupt and dismantled (which was common knowledge), so they asked me to get a reference from a previous company, although they didn't seem to count the experience.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

sdwis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

katherine
Do you have another employer prior to that one? I had this problem and explained to the assessing body that the company had gone bankrupt and dismantled (which was common knowledge), so they asked me to get a reference from a previous company. I did so, but they didn't seem to count the experience.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting reading - the company that hubby did his apprenticeship no longer exists so I think we will have to try the signed declaration thing - Im sure he can find at least one other person who worked alongside him for this firm so we'll try and contact them too for added measure.

If anyone has any other advice regarding a situation like this, please PM me.

Thanks

Karen x