Reload this Page >

Scots from Edinburgh moving to Perth

Scots from Edinburgh moving to Perth

Old Mar 18th 2005, 12:19 pm
lou1275

Lou1275 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scots from Edinburgh moving to Perth

Hi Everyone
I have been approached by a company in Perth recruiting for an engineering company. I have submitted an application and all going well, they will make me an offer. My family & I will be moving to Perth very soon!
I would love to hear from folks in Perth who have already made the move to hear how they are getting on & for advice on do's and don'ts.
I am looking at the international school in city beach area or the boys grammar school in Christchurch as potential schools for my son - does anyone know anything about these schools?

My husband is a surveyor & we are hoping he will be able to pick up work once we're over.

How easy is it to sort out accomodation, car etc??
This is a bit of a braindump but would love to hear from people already out there.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Louise
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:26 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scots from Edinburgh moving to Perth

Originally Posted by Lou1275
Hi Everyone
I have been approached by a company in Perth recruiting for an engineering company. I have submitted an application and all going well, they will make me an offer. My family & I will be moving to Perth very soon!
I would love to hear from folks in Perth who have already made the move to hear how they are getting on & for advice on do's and don'ts.
I am looking at the international school in city beach area or the boys grammar school in Christchurch as potential schools for my son - does anyone know anything about these schools?

My husband is a surveyor & we are hoping he will be able to pick up work once we're over.

How easy is it to sort out accomodation, car etc??
This is a bit of a braindump but would love to hear from people already out there.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Louise
Accomodation and cars are easy to sort out.

For cars go to Albany Highway or Scarborough beach road. Loads of car places in both locations. Albany highway has the most (vic Park, cannington and maddington, basically about 6-7 kms of car places, if you cant find it there it doesnt exist)

Accomodation, loads available in every suburb, but does depend on what sort you are looking for and what your standards are. Some suburbs do have a right load of dross IMO. But suburbs around City beach you should be OK with. Some can be a bit pricy though.

Schools, cant help with cos I dont have kids but am sure someone will be along soon with the answer.

BTW my hubby is from Edinburgh (well N.berwick)

M