building a home

Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

bubby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default building a home

hi need some help has anyone used celebration homes,summit,dale alcock trying to pick a builder very hard .Also whats a good size block is 535m2 ok, i think a lot of the display homes fit on that size and are corner blocks to be avoided or are they ok .Any advice would be great .

many thanks
bubby

Last edited by bubby; Mar 17th 2005 at 8:47 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:44 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: building a home

Originally Posted by bubby
hi need some help has anyone used celebration homes,summit,dale alcock trying to pick a builder very hard .Also whats a good size block is 535m2 ok, i think a lot of the display homes fit on that size and are corner blocks to be avoided or are they ok .Any advice would be great .

many thanks
bubby
Where are you planing on building? then I can help more.

Don't understand why you would think corner blocks an issue, that's what we are building and in general they are larger and give you more garden down the side.

Pm specific questions. I wasn't impressed with all the above you mentioned. I have lots of info, but a pm is best, to narrow it down.

Jill

Old Mar 18th 2005, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks
bubby

Corner blocks have different set backs, (areas of land you cant use) therefor fitting a bigger home on them often becomes a problem if you only have 535 or smaller to play with. A lot will come down to the shape of the block bear in mnd the regualations are going to vary shire to shire let alone State to state!

You need the building envelope (where you can build) drawn up on the land by the developer/builder/display home sales person/council.

Small blocks the solution is often 2 storey but then again the setbacks from boudary change and usually increase the set back from neighbouring boundaries as well.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

many thanks
bubby
Hi Bubby,
We are also planning to build a house. We have bought a 600m2 plot, in a slightly irregular shape. It would have made things much easier if we had bought a bigger, more regular shape (but there wasn't any in our price range in the area we wanted). Anyway, it has been a bit of a nightmare getting a house plan to fit - which we have now. My advice following our experience is: Buy at least a 600m2 plot for a family home - once you have your 'set backs' if becomes much smaller. We found most house plans were for 700m2 plots. Try and get a flat, regular size plot. Also, the best aspect for your 'living area' leading to a patio is east/north east. As for recommending builders, we are only in the planning stage. The plan which best fitted our land was by Coral, so we will probably go with them as they also have a reasonable price. Any one out there used them? If you want any more info based on our limited experience send me a pm. Good luck.
Rachel
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:47 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks
bubby
WHERE ARE YOU PLANNING ON BUILDING?

WE ARE BUILDING A HOTONDO LOWSET HOUSE, IT IS 228 SQM AND THE PLOT IS 750 SQM....BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DECIDING ON A HIGHSET...WE WANTED ONE BUT IT WAS GOING TO ADD $50K TO THE HOUSE PRICE JUST FOR THE BLOODY SCAFFOLDING(NOT WITH HOTONDO)
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
WHERE ARE YOU PLANNING ON BUILDING?

WE ARE BUILDING A HOTONDO LOWSET HOUSE, IT IS 228 SQM AND THE PLOT IS 750 SQM....BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DECIDING ON A HIGHSET...WE WANTED ONE BUT IT WAS GOING TO ADD $50K TO THE HOUSE PRICE JUST FOR THE BLOODY SCAFFOLDING(NOT WITH HOTONDO)
:scared: $5000 or $50,000? Were currently paying about $5000 for 6 weeks scaffolding delivered and set up and thats monster house on extreme slope, then theres guard rail around the roof, health and safety have created an entire industry.

Aspects for living areas, NE is good on this side of aus, in Perth the east is the desert heat
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

bubby is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info i thought 535m2 looked big i guess you get a small garden with that size block,most homes fit on it .600m2 were $15 grand more .

many thanks bubby