Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Scotland and scared of spiders?

In Scotland and scared of spiders?

Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default In Scotland and scared of spiders?

have been reading all these spider threads with much terror! I've got myself totally worked up into a competely hysterical state. I HATE spiders more than anything else in the world and the size of the ones in australia is just getting too much for me..... So i've contact a guy in fife who does phobia sessions to see if he can help out. (http://www.jaysanimalencounters.co.uk)

He'll run a 2 1/2 hour phobia course (in edinburgh area or fife) for groups of 3 - 10 people, and i thought i'd post on here to see if any of you central scotland people wanted to come along (and maybes even go for a cheeky wee pint afterwards.... heaven knows i'll need it!) So anyone wanna join? the more we get the cheaper the cost!!!!

f
x
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:38 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Scotland and scared of spiders?

Originally Posted by YoSemite
have been reading all these spider threads with much terror! I've got myself totally worked up into a competely hysterical state. I HATE spiders more than anything else in the world and the size of the ones in australia is just getting too much for me..... So i've contact a guy in fife who does phobia sessions to see if he can help out. (http://www.jaysanimalencounters.co.uk)

He'll run a 2 1/2 hour phobia course (in edinburgh area or fife) for groups of 3 - 10 people, and i thought i'd post on here to see if any of you central scotland people wanted to come along (and maybes even go for a cheeky wee pint afterwards.... heaven knows i'll need it!) So anyone wanna join? the more we get the cheaper the cost!!!!

f
x
He'll convince you not to be afraid.

Wont stop them getting you once you arrive :scared:
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

as long as i'm not AFRAID of them getting me... i can live with that!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

as long as i'm not AFRAID of them getting me... i can live with that!
Good for you.
My fear is them things sssss, i cant say the word, and i live here.
I am going to see a therapist as i live in fear. :scared:
Old Dec 7th 2005, 1:33 am
Banned

blairdoesntcare is an unknown quantity at this point

The Huntsmen are big and horrible, one crawled across my bonnet as I drove at speeds in excess of 80kmh - but you get used to them.

There are worse things in England like the government! (Oh sorry they are Scottish arent they! wopse)
Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

yup the uk goverment are scottish...... which is why they're in england doing a great job of mucking it up

g-d bless devolution and scottish parliament

CONNERY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!! hehehe

f
x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:02 am

Mandy&Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

yup the uk goverment are scottish...... which is why they're in england doing a great job of mucking it up

g-d bless devolution and scottish parliament

CONNERY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!! hehehe

f
x
I was in the exact same boat as you - I HATE spiders but since being here and seeing quite a erm few I have slowly go used to them - says me that used to SCREAMMMMM :scared: the house down but I have surprised myself and even called one Sydney who is always in our lounge - anyway he keeps away the flys etc

Mind you I could tell you a story about what happened to my fella - involving a pair of shorts (chucked on the floor - for days) 2 huntsman spiders and thousands of baby ones - but I wont
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:29 am

Mandy&Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mandy&Stu
I was in the exact same boat as you - I HATE spiders but since being here and seeing quite a erm few I have slowly go used to them - says me that used to SCREAMMMMM :scared: the house down but I have surprised myself and even called one Sydney who is always in our lounge - anyway he keeps away the flys etc

Mind you I could tell you a story about what happened to my fella - involving a pair of shorts (chucked on the floor - for days) 2 huntsman spiders and thousands of baby ones - but I wont

GOD NO - TAKE THAT ALL BACK

Just went to shut the front gate and my hand was right next too what looked like a beetle :scared: and it was brown so blended in very well with the fence :scared: (no it was part of the fence ) so just ran in screaming !!!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bump.....
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Do these HUNTSMAN really JUMP :scared: ?
not sure I can cope with that one.
angela

Last edited by Angela Marie; Dec 7th 2005 at 8:13 am.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

some of my (more evil) friends used to tell me about how hunstmen would jump out of trees if you walked under them...........

but my 8yr old cousin says they don't jump, they just fall asleep and the wind blows them off.......

i can't work out who to believe.... they've both equally scary!

f
x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

yer man with the bugs has just informed me he also does de-sensitization sessions (£60 for 1.5 hours) looking at spiders and other creepy crawlies, their potential threats and how to deal with them (that'll be a can of mortein and a mini cricket bat then!!!!!)

f
x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - forget the small bat, mines a large one with size 7 flip flop
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

bats are fine..... it's the spiders that are the b@astards!

f
x
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angela Marie
Do these HUNTSMAN really JUMP :scared: ?
not sure I can cope with that one.
angela

I'm afraid they do....When we were backpacking and some silly woman tried to catch one in a box, it jumped over her arm and back on the floor

My husband is the same as you, he can't stand them...or snakes! but to be honest if your careful and keep your screens shut and get your house sprayed you'll be fine. Try not to think about it, we was the same before we came out....its not that bad, honest

Sue x