Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

schools which years

schools which years

Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Location: woodbridge suffolk hoping to go live northside brisbane
suffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant future
Default schools which years

could anyone tell me would my daughters go to the same school my youngest daughter is 11 in august and my oldest daughter is 12 at the moment her next birthday is in november we are looking to move around the bribie island area thanks in advance for any help
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:17 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of
Default Re: schools which years

Originally Posted by suffolk nuts
could anyone tell me would my daughters go to the same school my youngest daughter is 11 in august and my oldest daughter is 12 at the moment her next birthday is in november we are looking to move around the bribie island area thanks in advance for any help
Recieved this reply form a secondary school in Melbourne;

Students born between May 1st 1994 and April 30th 1995 are in Year 7.

Students born between May 1st 1993 and April 30th 1994 are in Year 8.

My daughter is just finishing Year 8 here but her birthday July 23rd says she will be in Year 7 when she arrives in August.

Not sure if its the same for other states?

Diane
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suffolk nuts
We live in Queensland and going on the year my daughter is in......your eldest would go into year 8 (first year high school) and the younger one would go into year 6.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:38 pm
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

Hi Mand, i agree, they are in the same year as they would be in the uk, but instead of moving up a year in September, they move up the following January. By the way can we have some more piccy's on the blog, it's been a long time since Coochiemudlo Island
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cascrew
Hi Mand, i agree, they are in the same year as they would be in the uk, but instead of moving up a year in September, they move up the following January. By the way can we have some more piccy's on the blog, it's been a long time since Coochiemudlo Island

They aren't necessarily in the same year as in the UK. Fiona was born in October so went up a year, and went from being the oldest in the year to the youngest.
Will try and get some pictures on the blog. Been so busy lately that not had time to update it.

Amanda